classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lund Visor - Oregon

Gsmblue
Looks nice.

https://roseburg.craigslist.org/pts/d/winchester-ford-bronco-series-parts/7096485279.html
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Lund Visor - Oregon

delco1946
What are folks thoughts on these? You have to drill holes through your cab roof right? So then wont that leak (potentially)? Would these look good on an F250 4x4? Sometimes I have to check myself - not all accessories culminate in a positive overall end result/look!
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
My riding compadres call that the"BMW FARKLE Effect"

(Fancy Accessory, Really Kool, Likely Expensive- or for the less cynical Functional spARKLE)

I have to admit, I think those visors still have an 80's mystique that compliments our generation (of trucks).

Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by delco1946
I kinda like them.  Have thought about picking one up, but just don't know that I want to drill those holes you mentioned.  Maybe when I get everything done on Big Blue and Dad's truck I'll think about it.  Or, maybe for a Bronco, which I still hope to acquire some day.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
I think it would be great on a Bronco, but I don't want to drill holes either. I can't see 3M VHB holding it on very well!
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by delco1946
I like them on 4x4 trucks that sit a little higher. Wouldn't mind putting one on someday but am not sure how they work with the clearance lights.
For anyone thinking about it I would highly recommend rivet nuts. Used those for my clearance lights (truck didn't come with them originally) and made for a nice clean install.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gsmblue
I really like these, and have acquired a couple of them. I have not heard of leaks, but I have heard complaints of rattles if not secured tightly enough. I considered welding studs to the cab instead of drilling holes, but the usual technique of stout sheet metal screws and silicone sealant seems to hold just fine in the junkyard examples when I removed them. They were tightly in place and did not have rust in the holes. Scott, there is no interference with the stock cab clearance lights. I am not a big fan of drilling holes, but I like them enough to say it’s worth it since I would always like to have one on each of my trucks when finished. The holes could always be welded closed to repair them if you did happen to change your mind. I think the hat brim look lends a lot of character and harkens back to the antique era when many cars came with exterior visors.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Dee1986
I put a visor on a truck I had back in the mid 90s and really liked the look. Never had any problems with leakage or rust. I do however strongly advise against using an impact or anything other than hand tools to put the screws in. Like a fool I didn't pay attention to the warning about that on the instructions, I drove the screws in with an air gun and about a week later had to pull over on the expressway to pull the whole thing off cause it was about to take off like a kite. Got slightly bigger screws and siliconed each one and torqued by hand and never had a problem again.
Brian,
1986 f250 xlt lariat 4x4/ 460 4 speed
2016 super duty lifted
1949 Ford custom sedan, orig flathead eight
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ford F834
Ford F834 wrote
Very happy grandchildren, Jonathan!
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ford F834
Great to know on the clearance lights. Thanks!
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio