Loss of power on 351W

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Loss of power on 351W

BeagleRock
I finally got to do a real road/highway test yesterday, in town she runs great. So I decided to take her out on the turnpike, floored it from a complete stop and was going good until about 2 seconds into 3rd gear and it was like the fuel was cut off, let up and went on as expected except the cruise control couldn't seem to hold a set speed. It Rev up and down up and down. Tranny is a C6. Any suggestions welcome!  
 Thanks Randy
Timing is at 8* although it does have a cheapo HEI dizzy. Seems like a fuel problem though, I'll check tomorrow with a cold engine to see if choke is not properly set.
Beaglerock/83f150 351W C6 Transmission 2 wheel drive.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Loss of power on 351W

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Could still be ignition, but fuel seems more likely.  However, I've forgotten what all you've done, and as this is a new thread I can't tell.

But the choke staying on, or partially on, might do it.  And a failing ignition would do it.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Loss of power on 351W

BeagleRock
In reply to this post by BeagleRock
Right Gary, could be either, but I'm leaning towards the carb because when I got her home I floored it in the driveway and the first time there was a big hesitation. The second time no problem!  I wished you lived in Wagoner or somewhere a little closer and I'd drive her to you. Anyway I just woke up and think I'll wait until tomorrow to see if there's anything obvious.
 Thanks Gary TTYL
Beaglerock/83f150 351W C6 Transmission 2 wheel drive.