Looking for new Twin I beam axle pivot bolts

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Looking for new Twin I beam axle pivot bolts

FordFETruck
Can't seem to find a source for new RWD Twin I beam axle pivot bolts, for an 86 F250. I'd like to replace mine when I go to put new coil springs and offset radius arm bushings in. Anybody have a source or part number for them?
1986 F250 351W, C6, 10.25 Semi float 3.55 gear, 250K Miles

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Looking for new Twin I beam axle pivot bolts

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I think this is the illustration you're looking for
Under: documentation/suspension and steering/front suspension/2wd/80-86 stamped axle.       Bolt n801079-s

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

FordFETruck
Yep, that's the one. Thanks, Jim!

Reply | Threaded
|

FordFETruck
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Jim, since we're here. Would you be able to find me a part number for the upper bearings in the tilt steering column? I have found the lower already. I noticed the other day the lower bearing in my column is all worn out and sloppy. The steering in this truck has always felt kinda heavy, I wonder if that has something to do with it because nothing else in the steering system is hard to move at all. I assume the U joint in the column is NLA? that seems to be ok still and I've never felt any tight spots turning, but just in case...

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I don't know if you have tilt or not. (They all take the same bearing)
If by U-joint you're asking about tilt, it is only serviced as an upper shaft assembly.

I assume you want 3517?    That would be f23z3517-b

Documentation/interior/steering columns

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

FordFETruck
Yes, tilt steering. Got both the upper and top bearings ordered up. Looks like the upper shaft assembly that contains the U joint is E2TZ-3524-H superseded by E9TZ-3425-E and I can't really find one for sale. Oh well.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Glad to be useful.  ðŸ™‚

Sorry I can't help with an upper shaft assembly but David (1986F150Six) is a wizard at scaring up NOS parts
You might post a WTB in the marketplace section. I know he goes through there almost daily.
 Jim,