classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Looking for Bulged Bullnose Fenders

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I guess my question would be what exactly are you going for, and how much time or money are you willing to invest to get it?

There is a lot of crap mounted to that fender including the battery, starter relay, voltage regulator (if 1G), jack and hood hinge off the top of my head...
Unless you are wanting to change and fabricate all of that, using the factory fender as a starting point is your only route.

How important is that Bullnose styling crease around the wheel opening to you?
If not then Shaun's fenders @ ~$400 is WAY cheaper than material and time to make your own.

Even if the crease is important you may be time and money ahead to do like I said above and pull moulds off your existing fenders and add it to them.
But you would pull two and graft them together to get the extra height and width before clamping them to the outside of the glass ones.

To pull this off entirely in steel is going to take the artistic vision, knowledge and skills of someone like Ron Fournier.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.