classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Little Help, Please: New Documentation Questions

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Darin/Oz Econoline had a bunch of documentation shipped to me to capture, and I've just put up the first one thereof up on the site: 1980 Truck Service Highlights - Chassis.

I've put it in Literature/1980 Literature/1980 Truck Service Highlights - Chassis.  But, as you'll see, it covers all years of the Bullnose, as well as many other, trucks since it includes:

Proper adjustment procedures on the park brake linkage

Rebuild procedures for the Dana 60 rear axle

Rebuild procedures for the NP208 transfer case

Rebuild procedures for the BW1345 transfer case

So, my question to you is where it really should go in the overall menu scheme?  Or, how we should link to it?

One approach would be to hive off the sections and put them in their appropriate spots in the menu - but leave the whole document where it is now.  In other words:

Park brake linkage pages would go in Driveline/Brakes and on a new tab called Parking Brake under the Rear Brakes tab.

Dana 60 would go in Driveline/Axles & Differentials and on the Rear Axles & Differentials tab on a new tab called, oddly enough, Dana 60.

But the transfer case info is another issue as we already have repair procedures for both transfer cases.  However, this new set of procedures provides slightly different information, so may well be useful.  So, what I propose is to put it on the Driveline/Transfer Case page on new tabs under the correct transfer case's tab.

What do you think?  Is that a good plan?  Got another one?  I'm all eyes.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Little Help, Please: New Documentation Questions

PetesPonies
Why not leave it where it is, but supply links back to the specific information for other years. The links can be placed where the info is for those specific years.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I do plan to leave it there, but the question is where else to put it or, as you suggest, links to it.

Anyway, the info isn't year-specific.  The items it discusses were used in all the Bullnose years - except for the Dana 60, which appears to have been discontinued for '86.  But I could add links to the info in the places where I suggested the specific sections of the document be placed.

Does that make sense?  Did I misunderstand?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
I understand the info is good for all years. But if someone is looking up info for a specific truck, then see this link , which takes them there to read that as well.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco