Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lift Going On

Gary Lewis
Administrator
1986F150Six wrote
Yes, Janey is a "keeper"!
Yes, she's a keeper!  I really have to apologize to the rest of the world for getting THE jewel.  

And, you remember the story quite well, David, of how I came to have Blue - the truck we were in when she suggested we take Big Blue.  For those that don't, we were in Rusty, a 1981 RCLB w/a built 351M/C6 and we were pulling our new-to-us 2002 25' Sea Ray back from OKC.  It was noisy in the cab and talking was difficult, but she got quiet for a stretch and then said "You know, if you sold the Murano you could buy a new(er) truck for pulling the boat."  So we talked about that for a bit.

Then, a few days later I came in from the shop and she handed me her iPad with a fully decked out 2015 F150 King Ranch showing.  So we took a trip to the dealership and agreed on a Platinum.  And, as I told her this morning, his Crewcab/short bed combo is wonderful.  It'll swallow 5 adults in style and haul way more luggage than they should ever have - and tow a travel trailer or boat at the same time.  Or bring a D60 home in style, once towing it home on the trailer and another time bringing it home in the bed.

Anway, YES.  She's a KEEPER!!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Hstrymkrs
It is always good when our significant other supports our hobbies.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT, 4.9L, NP-435 transmission, NP0208 transfer case, 3.55 limited slip rear end,TTB Dana 44 with 3.54
Reply | Threaded
|

emunder
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Nice Gary. When I was younger I went to school in Albuquerque so we went to Colorado pretty frequently to ski & Durango was one of the places we went pretty frequently. I think back then the ski resort was called Purgatory but I think they've changed the name since. Also been up there in the summer and it is absolutely beautiful. We've been to the Indian ruins and did a lot of other exploring out there. But I would love to run some of the trails with our Jeeps in Silverton, Ouray, ect. Have to post up some pics if you get out there!
1986 Ford F150 XLT 4X4. 300 I6 w/ 4 speed manual.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, it is always good when our "significant other" supports our hobbies.  And, we support each other's hobbies, for sure.

As for Purgatory, I wasn't aware they changed the name.  Shame.  I've always thought that the name came from the movie Support Your Local Gunfighter and was, if I remember correctly, filmed to some extent in the area and on the D&RGW.

There's SO much to do in the Durango area.  We've ridden mountain bikes and their original mountain coaster at the ski resort.  Plus the train.  And horseback riding.  And fishing.  And whitewater rafting.  And Mesa Verde, the indian ruins.  Oh, and don't forget off-roading!

Yes, I'll have plenty of pics!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

emunder
In reply to this post by emunder
Took some time off working on the truck due to the heat but got some more done last night. Put the rear blocks in so the lift is done. Just need to install the ball joints & camber bushings & then get it over for an alignment. The wheels I initially wanted were out of production so I just went with these American Racing wheels w/ 33" BFG All-Terrains. Love the way it looks...can't wait to throw the fronts on.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Certainly looks good!
Reply | Threaded
|

emunder
Thank ya sir!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes!  I like it!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
I dig it!
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

emunder
Thx fellas.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Hstrymkrs
I just got a $39.99 HF coupon for that 10x10 canopy.

Yes, it's cheap, but it is water and sun protection with a reflective underside.

At $40 it's hard to beat.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ohhhh, that's a GOOD price!  (And, it reminds me that when Ray comes over tomorrow maybe we should set my canopy up over his MiL's car.  Can't get it in the shop 'cause BB is frontendless, and it is supposed to be nasty.

Reply | Threaded
|

emunder
That is a good price. I can do some things outside with a cover but my driveway is slanted so I'm kind of limited if I have to jack up the truck for anything.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I can understand trying to work on an incline.

The legs on the canopy have a couple of ~6" adjustments, so the canopy can level pretty much anywhere you might want to sit.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.