LMC Visit On Tuesday - Questions? Thoughts?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LMC Visit On Tuesday - Questions? Thoughts?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Janey and I are going to be in the KC area on Tuesday, so I'm planning on stopping by LMC.  Among other things I want to talk with them about loot for the show in September.

But do you'uns have any suggestions, questions, or comments?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: LMC Visit On Tuesday - Questions? Thoughts?

grumpin
I do, LMC has always been fair with me. So not a bad complaint, but a suggestion.

I ordered the bezels for the power door locks on my truck. The drivers side was fine, but the passenger side had the “decal” on backwards or upside down. Can’t remember exactly. They ended up taking it back, both actually because they quickly sent another when I told them about it. Even sent pictures to help. I was tempted to peel the decal off and put it back on. But decided I was not going to do that on a new part I paid for.

My suggestion is to have someone who could understand what was going on. I really wanted to get it right for people ordering in the future. Couldn’t get anyone to understand what was wrong.

Ended up finding a better than the one I had in a pick and pull.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dane - Can you send that picture?  Maybe I can share it with them.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
We need a supplier for 80-81 chrome grilles at a reasonable price point.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good point, Shaun.  

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
They used to offer one, and they still list it on their site. But when you try to order it you're met with a "Part # 49-8923 is not available at this time" and that sucks. That leaves the only grille options being unpainted, NOS, or used.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Dane - Can you send that picture?  Maybe I can share it with them.
Can’t find them. I’ll look some more tomorrow.
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I've been pretty happy with LMC too, and I'm getting ready to place another big order soon. I'm a paper catalog subscriber and I quite enjoy them, even for casual viewing when I'm not ordering parts;).

The only thing I'd bring up is that there is a mistake somehow in the part numbers for the rear lower cab mounts. I forget exactly what it is, but the lower cushion they have listed for the Bullnose does not fit the upper cushion they have listed for the Bullnose. I had to order the later lower cushion to get them assembled properly. The parts fit and worked great, but there's something screwy in the listing. I'll go back through my notes here and see if I can find the discrepancy.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by salans7
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Gary, I emailed those pictures of the door lock bezels to you.
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six

A quick trip to the Dennis Carpenter website shows no chrome option, only the unpainted version. I refuse to pay NOS pricing on a work truck. May just have to buy the unpainted one and deal with it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, the LMC visit has taken a different turn.  Turns out all of the people I want to talk to leave in the morning for a much bigger show, and won't be back until Monday.  

So I'm going to the Ford counter.  Apparently there are few things to look at there, but the only people I'll likely encounter are salesmen and not the corporate types.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Why can we get lettered tailgates for every other Ford truck made, but not 80-96? Who is dropping the ball? I feel like it's already been discussed but I can't remember the reasoning since I had a tailgate before and didn't really need the info.