Assigned: 85lebaront2 at priority
(Normal)
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Kick down rod adjustment screw

C.Jett
1985 f150 4.9 L single barrel carb. My adjustment screw is on is on the kick down rod, Most carbs shown on line have the screw on the carb. Can you remove from either one and switch it to the other? Also can you swap out the auto choke for electric choke? Thanks CJ
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Kick down rod adjustment screw

85lebaront2
Administrator
If I remember the kickdown system on the 300, it is a shaft on the top of the intake manifold that the carburetor throttle lever contacts at full throttle. It pushes on a flat disc head on an adjustment screw. I am not sure I understand what you want to do.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

C.Jett
The flat disc head adjustment screw is installed on the kick down linkage on my truck, Most carbs for my truck, shows the flat disc head adjustment screw on the carb throttle lever. CJ
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Are you looking at the Chinese replacements or remanufactured Carter YF/YFA ones?
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

C.Jett
I was looking at the new Chinese because I had bad luck with two carter rebuilt ones. CJ
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I assume you sent your original in as a core for the rebuilt carburetor. That complicates things. There was someone else on here who bought a Chinese copy of the Ford 2100 two barrel. He had an issue with the throttle, either a C4/C6 kickdown or an AOD TV lever and was able to transfer the throttle shaft from his old carburetor to the Chinese one.

If you can give me a link to the carburetor you are looking at maybe I can see a solution.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

Reply | Threaded
|

C.Jett
Fun with Paul posted yesterday what I was talking about. You can see the photo of kickdown adjustment screw. I can’t see one on the carb he has but it looks like the ones I’m looking at. Seems the only way to get electric choke is with adjustment screw on throttle linkage on carb. My carb has a bent tab on carb linkage for kickdown adjustment screw to contact. Is it possible that the screws can adjust against each other? I can find carb with bent tab linkage but not with electric choke.  CJ