classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Kentucky

Ray Cecil
This post was updated on .
I've known many people in my life. There are about 10 men who I have had the pleasure and honor of personally knowing who are TOP quality. Gary Lewis is one of those men. Gary was there for me when I moved to Oklahoma and started my family. I was broke. Paying school loans, beginning a career, one income, a wife and two kids. I bought an old 86 F150 to haul some grass cutting equipment to make a little extra cash. Little did I know I was on a course to meet Gary Lewis.

Of course I had problems with the truck and quickly found myself on another forum looking to solve my problems. Gary was there with advice. We were complete strangers. I noticed he lived only 20 minutes down the road. Gary offered his shop, his tools, his time, his food and drink to me. What a guy.

Gary helped me rebuild a lot of things on that old 86 Bullnose, and I am grateful. He even let me store it in his driveway when we moved home to Kentucky. I eventually came back to get it.

Gary has inspired me to do the same. Now that I am doing much better financially, I am building my own shop (larger than Gary's mwahahaha!!). Once complete I hope to do the very same things, build a Chevy (OH MY GOD....GASP) Get-to-gether group and work on vehicles that I love, with people in my town of Taylorsville KY. I may even buy back that old F150 from my uncle someday.

Gary, I am glad to see you have your own place dedicated to the trucks we all know and love. Its great to see your personality in a place that is more under your control. Thank you for your inspiration and thank you for being such a kind man. You are setting a great example for us all.

About me? Not much to know really.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Kentucky

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ray - Welcome!  Glad you are here.  And, by the way, there are places on here where you can tell us about your non-Ford projects.  After all, I'm headed out in a few minutes to drag back a Chevy - which Ford's do easily  - and I've documented that project.

But, I think your memory has embellished things a bit.  Glad I could help, but don't think I deserve that kind of praise.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Well....I don't think I embellished much. Maybe you didn't realize just how much you were helping me out then.

I will have a look around the forum and maybe I should document my garage build, and my THREE chevys here huh? lol.

1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ray Cecil
Ray Cecil wrote
Gary has inspired me to do the same. Now that I am doing much better financially, I am building my own shop (larger than Gary's mwahahaha!!).
Will your shop have a milling machine, lathe, blast cabinet, air compressor with refrigerated drier, built-in vacuum system, built in air lines, powder coating booth & oven, storm shelter room, ample work area, microfiche towers, sinks, refrigerator, bathroom, vehicle lift, A-M-P-L-E storage, sealed floors, full attic with 800+# overhead crane, fully air conditioned [upstairs and downstairs], security, office area with computer with dual screens, library area, etc., etc., etc.???
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Eventually...yes. Here is the beginning of it. Pic taken last night. Oh, and I have a 16' projector screen for movie nights for the kids and their friends!!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ray - I really didn't know it was that big of a deal for you.  I was just happy to help someone.

David - I didn't realize what I have.  Wow!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Gary. Yes, you did make an impression on me. When we lived in OK I didn't know anyone outside of my wife's family. I was used to knowing everyone in my hometown in KY. Of all the people I met, you were the most kind, and the most like the people I grew up around. So yeah, your willingness to help really left an impression on me. I had NO ONE but myself to rely on when I needed to get the job done. Then there was good ol'e Gary Lewis! Now that I am a few years away from living there, I look back and remember only the best things about OK, Gary's Garage and working on old trucks is definitely a part of that.

I understand you are a humble man, so I will stop tootin' your horn. But its nice to be appreciated isn't it? Hopefully I'll see you later this year Gary!  

Ray Cecil
918-508-9816
https://grabcad.com/ray.cecil-1
www.linkedin.com/in/ray-cecil-b862805b

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 10:19 PM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ray - I really didn't know it was that big of a deal for you.  I was just happy to help someone.

David - I didn't realize what I have.  Wow!
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Kentucky-tp9272p9305.html
To unsubscribe from Kentucky, click here.
NAML