Just joined your forum

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Just joined your forum

Artsgrampatruk
Hello. I am Art, and I am a grandpa. Thus, artsgrampatruk.
I have enjoyed reading many of your posts. So I’m going to join you. I have learned a good bit reading here, and maybe I can contribute some too. I have never joined a forum so bear with me. I do everything from my iPhone.
I have a 1984 F150 long box. 300 six c5 auto. 2 wheel drive. I have owned it since 2015, it has been my project truck. Engine is currently at the machine shop getting a .020 overbore. It’s been a great project, got help from the grands (all 5) and I clearcoated their Sigs on the frame. I just finished paint last month, a little color sanding still needs done. I’ll post some pics when I figure out how. 😊
We live in Horse Shoe NC. Put me on the map Mr Gary. Near Hendersonville NC.
Also, yesterday I was at Charlie’s scrap yard in Hendersonville. There is a 1985 F150 with a very nice interior. Red. Dash pad slightly faded but no cracks I could see. All pieces were present including headliner. Seat had 2 very small tears. Nice chrome back step bumper. This is a xlt truck. Fat steering wheel with cruise. Nothing that I need but good truck to pick from. Smashed in front.
In time I will be hunting some items and also have some items to part with. Just thought I’d get my howdy in first. Art
Art W. 1984 F150 standard cab long box. 2 wheel drive. 300 six with C5 auto. Built in Norfolk VA 12/83.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Just joined your forum

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Hello, Art!  You are now on the map.  

As for clear-coating your grandkids' names on the frame, I love that idea!  I have three g-kids, so that's a good idea.

On posting pics, go to Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's in the menu and there are instructions on that, as well as many of things - like a signature.  

Concerning the salvage, you could win a lot of friends by pulling parts out of that truck.  Like the A-pillar trim, which I'd be interested in.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Artsgrampatruk
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hi Gary. I made those kids work for it. We had fun and they did a good job. Also if I can get back over to jy I’ll see what I can get. Might not be til next week tho. Was hoping another member might live around here.
Art W. 1984 F150 standard cab long box. 2 wheel drive. 300 six with C5 auto. Built in Norfolk VA 12/83.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Trust me, I am NOT in a hurry!

As for working for it, I had my grandtwins helping me in the shop this summer.  They are now 9 and are starting to be very helpful.  Love working with them.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
In reply to this post by Artsgrampatruk
Welcome Art!
Sounds like a nice truck, you got, cant wait to see photos.

If that truck in the yard has its steering column intact, we might need to get to know each other!😁
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

Artsgrampatruk
Hi Sam. That truck has a tilt wheel but I don’t know condition. Smacked pretty good in front.
I may go over next week. Get my wife to come with. She’s a good help in the jy. Has a good eye for the good stuff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Artsgrampatruk
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hi Gary. Looking thru my truck parts I found a red set of A pillar trim. It’s the type that would fit with a headliner. With your permission I can email you a pic. The prefix is E4TB. Even reading faq about picture posting I’m not yet successful. My pics are 5.6 and if I downsize them I’m not able to get it to work. I’m 71 and ignored much of computer learning over the years as I was in the garage playing with my cars. I’m working from my iPhone.
If trading works (up or down) I’m looking for a kick down rod for my 300 C5 and also correct trans dipstick for C5. I think the number is M2C166H. I have a C 6 dipstick in it now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sure, please shoot me a pic or two!

On posting pics, have you tried the “big” button?

Reply | Threaded
|

A pillar trim

Artsgrampatruk

See how this posts. Hope you get this Gary. 😜
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: A pillar trim

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good job!  Posted well. Email me what you want for the , please.

Reply | Threaded
|

Artsgrampatruk
Ok. I tried email with no success but I’ll try to figure it out. I can learn one thing each day. Today I learned picture. 😜

My 84 as it looks today.
Reply | Threaded
|

Artsgrampatruk
Well in my world it’s right side up. Sorry.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This forum’s software, like most forum’s software, isn’t smart enough to read the orientation data in the pic. So you have to pull it into editing software, which usually does reorient the pic, and then save it.