Junkyard find 86 extended cab rear seat - thinking of buying.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Junkyard find 86 extended cab rear seat - thinking of buying.

Starliner
Well, I am just trying to defray the costs of what I need here.
There is an extended cab 85 lariat with a mint rear bench seat. The plastics around it are perfect as well. The front seat has some wear and I wont bother with it.
I saw this on ebay, it is exactly what I can get for maybe 25 - 40 bucks:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/85-86-Ford-F-150-250-Truck-Super-Cab-Rear-Bench-Seat-Red-Vinyl-OEM/254050507019?hash=item3b2697190b:g:QWAAAOSwls5Y8CHI

I would never sell it for more than 200 bucks but I could put that profit towards some upgrades, LIKE A TACH!
As I said, the plastics are great. Being a 6.9 it has a big alternator, a giant radiator, an a/c compressor, heater controls with dual tank switch, fan shroud, clutch fan, and other under hood parts. It has power windows and door panels.
What do you guys think as far as what might be worth the effort to grab, and what is not.
I have sprayed down some bolts with penetrant and will go back and soak everything before bothering.

JOE
1984 F250 HD 2wd auto w/air,
351W, 2bbl, Dana 60 3.73, no EEC
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Junkyard find 86 extended cab rear seat - thinking of buying.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
First, the guy on that ebay advert is smoking some pretty good stuff.  Ain't no way he's going to get that much for that seat.  In comparison, I paid $125 for a very nice front bench seat a few years ago - the one in Rusty IIRC.

As for what will sell, here are my thoughts:

The radiator support: The diesel core supports are getting hard to find.  Ask Jonathan.

The door panels: Even though the driver's side panel has a hole drilled in it, I think it would sell, as would the passenger's side

Switch bezels: The window and lock switches and bezels are sought after.  Don't break them.

You didn't show the dash, but what shape are the instrument and radio bezels in?

Radio: That's a high-end truck so it might have had a nice radio/tape player in it.  Some people are looking for those.

Seatbelts

Plastic trim: I don't think the corner trim, kick panels, and pillar trim is being made yet, so is becoming sought after.

That'll give you a start.  But you'll have to pay up front and then sit on the stuff for a while until someone is looking for it.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Junkyard find 86 extended cab rear seat - thinking of buying.

Starliner
Ok Gary thanks.
I just sprayed everything with penetrant at the junkyard so it will soak.
I was definitely not using that guy as a real world guage, (crazy).
That 6.9 diesel cluster with tach and trip came from this. I relisted it because I will look for one ready to go later down the line.
The dash pad was it very good condition.  I am cleaning it now and will paint it. That was a huge find. Just 1/3 of speaker grill is bad.  
Thanks once more, becoming a habit.
JOE
1984 F250 HD 2wd auto w/air,
351W, 2bbl, Dana 60 3.73, no EEC