John Lindsay's "Blackie"

Posted by Machspeed Machspeed
Options

This is my 86 Ford F150 LX 4X4, Blackie. My children named it Blackie when they were very young and that’s what it goes by today. I bought this truck brand new back in November of 1986 from Red McCombs Ford in San Antonio Texas. While it was not my first vehicle, it was my first brand new purchase. About a year after I bought it, I joined the Air Force and parked it. It sat for almost two years, as I went through basic training, tech school, then a one year remote tour in Iceland. It never did run right after sitting so long. I attempted to rebuild the carburetor but that was a wash. After enduring horrible fuel mileage in a poor running truck, I eventually pulled the carb, intake, and all the pollution control mess, including the exhaust. I installed an Edlebrock intake and 600CFM carb, shorty headers, and true dual exhaust. I was amazed at how much better it ran. About 6-7 years ago, I had it repainted, put some 95 Ford OEM wheels on it and did somewhat of a resto on it. Last year, I had considered selling it for the purchase of a new truck. In fact, I found this forum in a quest to see what my truck might be worth. I never did ask that question. After spending some time on the forums here, I found a new passion for it and just decided to keep it.