Introducing Myself

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
66 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Introducing Myself/Need some more advice

Schwabber
Started the truck earlier this evening and all systems appear to be in order.  It is just a simple beater I use for hauling remodeling materials and garden supplies (and friends furniture) but I was super stoked when it cranked right over on the first attempt and ran smooth.   I just need to fix the fan shroud(the plastic mounting flange is ripped off) and get it back on.  Then I have some interior repairs in the queue.  First up will be to repair the drivers-side window motor assembly.  

Again, my deep appreciation for all the assistance you guys have provided.  

Cheers,
Brian
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Brian, is the motor turning but the door just makes thumping, or grinding noises?
' cause I know what that is.

Gary and I have been having some discussion about getting new users engaged in the main forum.
So I invite you to start a thread down there.
('Bullnose Enthusiasts' link on this page, then 'new topic')

On the fan shroud, are you talking about the screw tabs?
Or saying the whole flange has cracked off?

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Schwabber
Congrat's!!!!    Glad it worked for you.

Jim is right, a whole bunch of this thread could be in the main section rather than in New Members.  So if you want, after you start a new thread there about your truck I can move all posts starting with the one where you introduce the issue about the alternator.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Schwabber
Schwabber wrote
 I am a bit worried about the 2 remaining yellow and red wires..
Throw a meter across them and I bet you'll find continuity.
Then put one lead on bare metal or ground, *nothing
Then the one lead on +, *nothing

Look at the schematic. You'll see the ammeter is isolated (of course)

Set those wires to the side so later if you get the voltmeter 'upgrade' you have them available.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Schwabber
ha ha - you know I had reached the same conclusion on my own.  I have a brain, but it seems it has a very small processor.  Sometimes I wish I could upgrade the CPU....

The suggestion about snipping this thread up makes sense.  I will post a fresh thread about the window motor and also the radiator shroud and Gary you can re-distribute the elements of this discussion as makes sense to you.

Brian
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Brian,
I did snip out your question 'crimp or solder' and the posts related to it.
They are now in the 'Techniques' subfolder of Shop & Tools.

Thank you for being the impetus to create a section where we ALL can share our pedantry.
I'm glad you have your work horse  running again.
And I hope you find the forum has answers to any and all questions about your truck.

Looking forward to your window motor repair (or replacement)
You're going to need access to a 1/4"(6mm) pop-rivet tool.
 Jim,