2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Interesting Error In Factory Literature

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Today on FB someone asked a question about the engine compartment light and I posted a link to the '85 EVTM that says that all the courtesy lights, including the engine compartment one, are served by Fuse 8.
 But someone else posted a pic from a factory wiring which said that said those lights are served by Fuse 7.  

So I pulled out all 7 of my EVTM's, and they all say Fuse 8.  And then I looked at all 4 of my factory wiring diagrams (the '81 and '84 I have in paper form, and the '85 and '86 I have on here) and all of them agree that it is Fuse 7.

But everyone agrees that the courtesy lights are served by a light green/yellow wire.  And here's the front of an '82 fuse box I have in the attic, with my thumb at the #8 position, and #7 is directly left of that, as shown here in the '85 EVTM: (That pic absolutely REFUSES to rotate correctly.  )

Well, I wonder what's behind that fuse box?

Guess what?  The light green/yellow wire goes into #8's position.  The EVTM's WIN!

But wait, there's more!  The wiring diagrams are right as well.  How?  Because they call the same fuse spot two different #'s.  EVTM's call the spot #8, and the wiring diagrams call it #7.  Go figure.  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Interesting Error In Factory Literature

grumpin
Wow! Good job!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona