classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ignition Switch actuator issue

Nboogades
Good Afternoon Everyone,
Went to start the truck today when I turned the key nothing happened and it felt like something came loose within the ignition system from the key down to the ignition switch somewhere. I’m currently trying to asses the issue and noticed that this clip looking piece in the attached picture was just hanging about from the actuator (or the ignition switch housing where it bolts to the steering column, I’m not sure exactly what to call it). Anyway, I was gonna pull that housing part out to see if that clip needs to be going in somewhere but I’m having a tough time pulling the ignition switch out from its plug in. Hoping to avoid removing the switch, could someone tell me if that clip needs to go in somewhere and if so where, or was there a chance my actuator rod just slipped out of place some how.
Thanks,
Nick
86 F-150 XLT Lariat
1986 F-150 XLT Lariat 4WD 302
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ignition Switch actuator issue

kramttocs
Administrator
That looks like the shipping pin that keeps the switch in the Lock position until installed.
It appears that your actuator rod isn't in the switch. Can you see where the end of the rod is?
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ignition Switch actuator issue

Nboogades
Thanks Scott, you’d be correct my actuator rod is not in ignition switch right now, my plan going in was pretty much just to take everything apart then put it back together, but once I saw that pin stinking out I wanted to make sure that wasn’t my problem before I went and put it back together. I can see the end of the rod, it’s just sitting in place on top of my steering column at the moment.
1986 F-150 XLT Lariat 4WD 302