I got a new toy!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I got a new toy!

Hound Dog Lew
I know it's not an old Ford, but it is ALMOST as cool a my Flareside. My wife and I got a 2 door Jeep Wrangler, soft top, manual transmission. Love it!
1983 F150 Flareside 302 AOD 3.55
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I got a new toy!

85lebaront2
Administrator
Not bad looking for a Fiat.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Hound Dog Lew
Yea, was thinking about getting a K car then...oh never mind.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Lew - Where did the pic of the Jeep go?  I saw it late last night but it was too late to respond, and now its gone?

Never fear, we aren't hung up on "just Fords".  We even let Ray post pics of his French vehicle.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Hound Dog Lew
I don't know! I did something to my account and had to re-register!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't know what happened, but at least you are back in.

And, in your list of features on the Jeep you didn't mention that it is a Rubicon.  That brings with it a host of things that other Jeeps don't have.  A few years ago the next door neighbor asked me to help him "upgrade" his TJ.  Turns out that most of the things we did were part of the Rubicon package, and getting a Jeep with that package would have been less expensive than doing it aftermarket.  And, a lot less work!

Anyway, you have a really nice ride there.  Enjoy!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
I am amazed how many people think todays "Jeep" was the descendant of the WWII Willys/Ford.

And now "jeep" is applying "Willys" stickers to Fiats.........
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

JMUBullnose
In reply to this post by Hound Dog Lew
Nice - I like the color. I keep joking about getting a 4 door rubicon to replace my 4 door hatchback one day (daily...long commute!).  

Do all Dodge/Jeep dealers look like that now? The one we have up in Leesburg, VA looks exactly the same.
1984 F-150, 302 CID (5.0 L) Windsor V8, 2 BBL carb, power windows added, remote entry added. AC. Automatic Transmission.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
All the bigger dealers here look that way too, apparently it is to make them distinguishable.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413