I bought it back!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I bought it back!

1985 Bronco
Some of you may know, I used to own a 1985 Bronco. I sold it 2 years ago so I could buy my Centurion. Here's my build thread over on FTE: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1322616-1985-bronco-build-thread.html I will be fixing the dead Photobucket links soon.

I bought it back tonight for $250. It is missing the engine, transmission, transfer case, exhaust, radiator, driveshafts, dash, tailgate, driver's door panel, and hood latch. Tossed the extra set of wheels I had on there. Tires are 31s, and are junk. The whole truck has been sprayed with cheap black bed-liner, and the topper was painted tan. Holes were cut in the body (including a spot that I patched) for the exhaust, and diamond plate was bolted on. The passenger side rear wheel well was cut out, driver's side was left alone. Currently on the hunt for a tailgate, so I can seal it up from the elements. Storing it at a friend's house. I'm going back tomorrow to look at it in the daylight and take better pictures.

1976 Ford F150: Regular Cab, Long Bed, 2WD, 460, C6

1985 Ford Bronco: Sold

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I bought it back!

Ford F834
Administrator
What are your plans for it? Are you going to rebuild it?
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Is there sentimental value in it?  It's obviously going to be a lot of work and expense to put it back, but I know you have the skills.  Do you have a lot of the needed parts?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
Looks like you are bringing it back from the dead a 2nd time.

I've got one waiting it's turn as well.

Reply | Threaded
|

1985 Bronco
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I would like to put a 460 back in it. It does have some sentimental value, I put  lot of time and money into it when I owned it, and I daily drove it for over 2 years. The only parts I have are 1 tailgate hinge, the front bumper, and the wheels. I need everything else! I am looking for a F250 or F350 parts truck with a 460 right now. I could just get a F150 parts truck, and throw a I6 or small block in, but I really liked having a 460 before!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Gonna be a lot of work, but I'm anxious to see how you do it.  

Will it be carb'd or injected?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1985 Bronco
It is going to be carb'ed. I would prefer to have a C6 again too, but if I find a cheap parts truck with a 4 speed, I might just use that. This will be a budget build for now, I might try to fix up the body later...