classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I Have An Affinity For This Truck

Machspeed
Administrator
My son and I take a twelve mile bike ride almost daily in the neighborhoods of my town. On that ride I've noticed several Bullnose trucks, all of which I never see moved from their respective parking spots. The one pictured below is one that I really like and my eyes always gravitate to it. I just love that turquoise and white. Looks like it may be an F250. May stop by there one day and check it out. Whatcha think?

John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I Have An Affinity For This Truck

Rembrant
Not a bad lookin' old Bull. F250 2wd I'd say...maybe a camper special or something like that? The long "F" in the F250 badge tells us that the truck is 1982 or newer, and the guys can correct me here, but I believe the remnants of that upper molding/trim tell us the truck is 1984 or older. Somebody else might be able to narrow it down further than that with the paint colors and combination;). Nice truck though.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Machspeed
It is 1984 or earlier, for sure.  Look at where the tutone break is - above the crease.  As of 1985 it moved to below the crease.

And it looks like it has a full-floating rear axle, so is a heavy duty F250, meaning 8500 GVWR or more.

I like it.  Should clean up nicely.  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Looks like it has the square mirror heads, so if those are original to the truck, that would make it a 1982 as that was the last year before the more rounded mirror heads came out.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Machspeed
Definitely a 5th wheel or gooseneck with that gate.

It must move on the regular for them to cut the grass?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
You guys are sharp! Never seen it moved, Jim. Think they use a string trimmer around it.  
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
It's parked in bright sun and it's still looking a little mossy.

You don't usually see that unless they're off in the woods.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.