classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I BELIEVE EVERYTHING IS FINE

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Folks - I just had Chrome tell me that our site is infected.  Then I tried to go to the Weebly site that hosts our Nabble site and was told it is infected.

But I found that Weebly is telling everyone via Twitter that all is well and it is Chrome that is wrong since you can get in via any other browser.  I'm now in via Edge and things seem fine, but this is bizarre.

Sorry!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I BELIEVE EVERYTHING IS FINE

Gary Lewis
Administrator
But, by the way, a safe way to communicate is via email responses.  Yes, I realize that they carry a LOT of extra baggage with them, but for now it is safe.

And, by the way, if we'd turned on HTTPS making the site "secure", it wouldn't have made a difference as people with HTTPS turned on are having the same problem.

Gary

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 6:30 AM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Folks - I just had Chrome tell me that our site is infected.  Then I tried to go to the Weebly site that hosts our Nabble site and was told it is infected.

But I found that Weebly is telling everyone via Twitter that all is well and it is Chrome that is wrong since you can get in via any other browser.  I'm now in via Edge and things seem fine, but this is bizarre.

Sorry!  
Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/I-BELIEVE-EVERYTHING-IS-FINE-tp22196.html
To start a new topic under Bullnose Enthusiasts, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bullnose Enthusiasts, click here.
NAML

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I did not get anything except the normal Chrome "Not secure" but now with a red triangle containing an exclamation point.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
It appears that Weebly has fixed the problem and we are back up.  But, it wasn't just us.  Many, MANY sites around the world were down.  Weebly has some 'splaining to do.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by 85lebaront2
It was a lot more off-putting than "Not secure" and a red triangle:

Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
HI Gary
Why is the header scrolling down and blocking the screen? I have to scroll "up" fore the header to disappear, but if I scroll down, the header appears and blocks the screen. to "hide" the header I have to scroll up again, to see the screen.
Thanks
Ron
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
AHA!  So it's NOT just me.  It's not happening to me right now, but it has in the past.  Look near the bottom of p.5 in the Website & Suggestion thread.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by reamer
Ron - I don't know why.  It isn't doing it to me, but I do know it has happened to others, like Steve.

How 'bout trying this: Hit Control and "+" at the same time.  That zooms the browser window in, but sometimes it fixes things, like the Preview or Submit buttons disappearing.  And then you'll want to hit Control and "-" to get your zoom ratio back to wherever you had it.