Howdy all!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Howdy all!

rbond
OK... I'm Russell... I'm a wrenching enthusiast (mostly older Italian sports cars) in Northern California... Santa Cruz Mountains to be exact... and on Oct 16, 2016 I decided to finally "get my truck back up and running" ... after retiring it to the back lot back in 2002, due to a prolific power steering leak... and what was most likely a failed steering ball joint... and a "few other minor things". Should be pretty straight forward... I mean, how long could the repairs possibly take!?!

Today is Monday, Aug, 13 2018... and I'm now a mere 2 weeks away from cranking him over after rebuilding practically every system on this beast... 1986 F350 7.5L 4 Speed Manual 4WD. I love this truck... like we all feel about these beauties. It is Blue... or... it WAS blue... it's kind of a blend of blue that feathers into a beautiful shade of rust... and I think I'll leave it that way... at least for now ;)

I bought ALL the shop books for him... including the EED Shop Manual... and I was immediately overwhelmed in a steep learning curve. Then I discovered that I was not alone in my adventure... there were other crazies out there! ... and they could mostly be found on forums... so I joined... and it has been absolutely invaluable... not only from an information aspect... but from a human connection aspect as well.

The information contained in this online "collective brain" is worth it's weight in impossible to find parts.

Looking forward to sharing the knowledge and experience with everyone!
Cheers!
'86 F350 7.5L XL 4 speed manual 4WD... and it's blue
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Howdy all!

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome to the forum, rbond! Our fearless leader, Gary Lewis, has a F350 with the 460 engine. It, too, is blue. You and he can share stories!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by rbond
Russell - Welcome!  

Two weeks away!  I'll bet you are STOKED!  Post some pics to let us see what you are working on.

And, you are not alone.  There are quite a few other ..... crazy people doing the same thing as you.  And, that is very comforting to know.  So let us share in your to-be experience of firing your truck up.  Please!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

rbond
... thx... good to be here... already feels more sane than the "other" forum (which is a great resource... don't get me wrong! )

And, yes, Gary... I do plan to share the start up moment with y'all... and I'll be going down the check list 50 times before I turn the key... I'm sure I'll forget something, though! LOL!
'86 F350 7.5L XL 4 speed manual 4WD... and it's blue
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looking forward to the startup.  Glad you are here.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by rbond
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona