Hi from Richmond

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hi from Richmond

fr0bert
Hi, my name's Rob. Originally from Ireland now living in Richmond VA. Bought my truck in June last year while we were living in DC and now finally have space to park her up and open the hood... Or bonnet as we say back home!

She's in good condition but needs a little tlc, I've been lurking here on and off for a couple of months, hoping to get a little more active now pick some brains here. Its nice to see an active forum here!

Rob.
Rob. '86 F150 XLT Lariat 351w 4x4 Edelbrock 1406
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hi from Richmond

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Rob - Welcome!!!  Nice truck.  Hope you'll start a thread in the main section to track your progress on it.  And, ask questions.  And tell us your plans.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to put you on it with your permission.

Ireland!  We were there about 4 years ago: Dublin; Avoca; Cork; Dingle; Adare; Dromoland; Bru na Boinne; etc.  Loved it.  Felt quite familiar having lived just out of London for a while.  But, much more green.

So, someone else that may understand "I have a cunning plan."  Or Assumpta Fitzgerald.  How 'bout  Geraldine Granger/Kennedy?  Basil?  Our Rose/Onslow?  And I could go on, like Captain Peacock, Jacko the house painter, Dogsbody (who originally came up with the cunning plan?), etc.  And more recently there's nobody left alive in Midsomer.  And Shakespeare and Hathaway have been resurrected and are solving crimes?

Yes, I've mis-spent a large part of my 72 years on the Beeb.  And I'm assuming you got it in Ireland, although I confess I didn't watch while we were there.

Welcome!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

fr0bert
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thanks for the welcome!

All beautiful places in Ireland, I'm from more further north in Derry, just on the border with Donegal.

You can add me to the map, no problem.

That's a wave of nostalgia haha! I do miss the beeb. "nobody left alive in midsommer" made me crack up there
Rob. '86 F150 XLT Lariat 351w 4x4 Edelbrock 1406
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  

As for Midsomer, if you see DI Barnaby's wife and daughter, Betty, coming you need to look around 'cause something's about to happen.  My wife, Janey, made that statement last night as we watched Series 21 Episode 3.

Yep, we've misspent a lot of hours via PBS or, more recently, Britbox.  We've been Waiting On God, tasted The Last Of The Summer Wine but didn't like it, had One Foot In The Grave, been told "your parrot's dead", "mentioned the war but think we got away with it", and so on.  

As for Ireland, we didn't get that far north.  Hoping to go back again.  Don't know what Brexit is going to do to all that, but are headed to Blighty this autumn once again.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by fr0bert
Welcome to the forum Rob!

That's a very good looking truck you have.
Everything seems clean, straight and intact.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
Welcome!
Richmonds a great city. I grew up in DC and Richmond was one of the places Id go and just relax and breathe clean air!
Nice truck too!
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Just avoid 95 ;)

That is a good lucking truck for sure, great buy.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

JMUBullnose
Awesome! Welcome - I enjoy it when I can visit Richmond. I'm actually in the DC metro region on the VA side. Brother and Sister in law live in Ashland so we get down there occasionally.  Enjoy!
1984 F-150, 302 CID (5.0 L) Windsor V8, 2 BBL carb, power windows added, remote entry added. AC. Automatic Transmission.
Reply | Threaded
|

Greg 85
I am fairly new here as well and live just outside of Richmond in New Kent, VA. So Welcome!
Greg Gorbet:
1985 Ford F150 Explorer, 5.0 EFI, AOD, Longbed, black and blue, 2WD, all stock project.
1983 Cheverolet C10, 427 SBC, TH400/reverse, back halfed w/Ford 9" on 4-link, Project.
1979 C10, 383 SBC, TH350, Big 10 on leafs w/ladderbars, Saturday night special/date truck.
1985 Sport-Craft 272 Fishing Boat