classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Rau
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hi from Argentina!

Rau
Hi! My name is Raul, I live in Argentina.
I’ve owned a ‘93 4x4 Flareside, just sold an ‘81 f150 4x4, and now accomplished a life long dream: a 80 f100 ranger xlt flareside 2wd.
I’m planning on doing a complete frame off restoration...I know it will take time, but as I said, it’s something I have always Wanted to do. I will sure ask for your help. For the moment I ‘m trying to figure out the vin/tag and decoding it to know all the information there’s to know about my truck. Thanks a lot!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hi from Argentina!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we would love to add you if you'd give us a city.

On the certification label, post a pic and I'll see if I can decode it.

And, post pics of your truck.  Plus, please add a signature so we can remember where you are and all about your truck.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Rau
Reply | Threaded
|

Rau
Yes! Sure, I’m from a suburb just outside Buenos Aires. Northbound ,called “ San Isidro”.
The jade green/white truck is the one I Sold  last week. The Flareside is the one I’m restoring .Last picture is of the tag on the flareside . Thanks a lot.
Rau
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Nice trucks!

And, you are now on the map.

But, that tag appears to be what is commonly called a "buck" tag.  There are frequently several of them, like on the front of the bed, on the radiator support, and on the firewall.  And I don't know how to decode them.

Do you have a certification label on the driver's door jamb?  That can be decoded.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Rau
Welcome Raul!  

I joke that this forum has become the Flareside Owners Group (FOG)
We are always glad to have a new member country as well!  

Gary is setting a virtual GTG in September because the Covid-19 pandemic is going to preclude large -in person- gatherings, and quarantine restrictions would make it impossible for many of us to attend.
I surely hope you can participate.  

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Rau
Welcome aboard...I'm a big Flareside fan myself;).

Can't wait to see the progress.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995