Hi From Owasso, Oklahoma

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hi From Owasso, Oklahoma

OwassoRon
Howdy Ya'll. Gary and some of ya'll know me from some other Ford truck forums as well. I live 10 min north of Tulsa and previously owned a 1950 Ford F1 pickup(was my daily driver in the Air Force), a 1997 Ford F150(was my daily driver after moving to Oklahoma from Maryland), and then a 1978 Ford Ranger Pickup as my daily driver for the last several years. Unfortunately, with my last job change i had to let the '78 Ranger go, for a more economical and dependable distance driving vehicle. Some day i hope to have my '50 F1 back. But for now i will have to live the Ford Truck lifestyle vicariously through ya'll.  

Cheers,
 -Ron Harmsen
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hi From Owasso, Oklahoma

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ron - So glad you joined.  

Hope you can make it to the show and swap meet on Sept 15th.  We should have plenty of Ford trucks to peruse, including several of the earlier trucks as I connected with the FORDification folks as well as the F100 crew two weeks ago over in Anderson, MO.  (By the way, Big Blue won a prize for best 4x4 in a Dent/Bump-dominated show.  In fact, he was the newest Ford truck there.)

Y'all - Ron was part of the Okie GTG for several years, and became a personal friend as many others have.  Please welcome him to the forum.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome, Ron!
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by OwassoRon
Welcome! Hopefully hanging out here will stimulate some inspiration to get another Ford.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2