Help from the herd on upgrade options

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help from the herd on upgrade options

fljab
Dang, thanks Gary!  By the way, I responded at the bottom post, but it came up in the middle.  I'm still trying to figger out this forum!
Jim
Mims, FL

'81 F100 2wd 300 Srod "Festus"
'85 F150 Supercab 4x4 351 C6 "big Whitey"
'85 F150 4x4 300 NP435 parts truck
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
fljab wrote
Dang, thanks Gary!  By the way, I responded at the bottom post, but it came up in the middle.  I'm still trying to figger out this forum!
I tried to explain this exact scenario to Gary the other day but couldn't find the right words, decided I'd show him but forgot about it.

Yes, that happens to me, too, it's annoying. I'm now trying the "classic" view some more, see if I can figure this thing out some more.
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I've towed plenty of cars and trucks on a car trailer with a 4spdOD. Sure, not a motor home or such, but transmissions last if you treat them well. For example, you will hear people say how weak a T5 is . . . well I have rebuilt plenty of them and learned from the best, Bob Hanlon. If you mistreat them, they will break. But I have an '85 version that has never been apart. I have run 12.87 ETs, run a few parking lot races, been on the banks of Charlotte Motor Speedway with it, etc. So it depends on how you treat them, IMO.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

khaitan
In reply to this post by kristopherdb
There is a metal plate in the front end very close to the domb closer to the steering box which tells the gear. See if you have that. Or you can also get a build sheet for your truck.
Cheers,
Prashant
"Ford trucks are nuts, so am I"

1986 F150 single cab with 460 and ZF-5s47
1985 F350 dual cab with 460 and T-19