Hello!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello!

The95FordGuy
Hello! My name is Tommy. I own a 95 F150 with a 4.9 which I’ve had for 15+ years. I’m currently working on a 78 Bronco for a friend. It has a 460 ci engine and C6 transmission. The engine I believe is from a truck since the vin indicates this bronco actually came with a 351m. It has factory air conditioning as well. Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello!

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by The95FordGuy
Welcome, Tommy!  Glad you joined.  

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I had a town.

Were you the one wanting a Saginaw bracket for a 460?

A '78 Bronco would be cool.  And while both it and the '95 are a bit out of our area of expertise, we welcome all members.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
Welcome!
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

The95FordGuy
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thanks for welcoming me! I live in Goodlettsville, TN just outside of Nashville.  I’m still searching for one of the power steering brackets for a 83-87 truck with a 460. I appreciate the help even though this isn’t a bullnose project. The information provided in the 460 saginaw discussion has been extremely helpful and virtually the only real information I’ve been able find up to this point regarding this topic so thank you! If anyone has any suggestions that can help me track down the 3C511 bracket for a 460 I believe that will be the last piece of the puzzle. It seems to be almost impossible to find. I’ve searched ebay and online junkyard inventories but haven’t had any luck. Thanks again!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
First, you are now on the map.

As for the bracket, 3C511 is the generic part number for a power steering bracket on every Ford vehicle in the world.  You need a prefix, like E7TZ, and a suffix, like E, to go with that to create the full part number.   You can see that, sort of, in the illustration below that shows serpentine installations of the power steering pumps - both the F-Series and the E-Series brackets are 3C511, but they are clearly different as the pickups are shown with a C-II pump and the vans with a Saginaw.

HOWEVER, I cannot give you the full part number as there seems to be a glitch in the master parts catalog - unless I'm blind.  I'll post the whole section from the MPC below the illustration so maybe someone can see it.  But I think you are looking for a bracket from an '88 or later E-series van with a 460 and A/C and I'm not seeing it.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

The95FordGuy
Thanks for the info on the part numbers. Makes a lot more sense now. I was hoping to find the steel bracket from an earlier model instead of the chunky aluminum ones. I’ll attach the picture I saved from the earlier discussion originally posted by ArdWrknTrk. I have circled what I believe to be the elusive bracket I need. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 19, 2020, at 11:20 AM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

First, you are now on the map.

As for the bracket, 3C511 is the generic part number for a power steering bracket on every Ford vehicle in the world.  You need a prefix, like E7TZ, and a suffix, like E, to go with that to create the full part number.   You can see that, sort of, in the illustration below that shows serpentine installations of the power steering pumps - both the F-Series and the E-Series brackets are 3C511, but they are clearly different as the pickups are shown with a C-II pump and the vans with a Saginaw.

HOWEVER, I cannot give you the full part number as there seems to be a glitch in the master parts catalog - unless I'm blind.  I'll post the whole section from the MPC below the illustration so maybe someone can see it.  But I think you are looking for a bracket from an '88 or later E-series van with a 460 and A/C and I'm not seeing it.

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Hello-tp51273p51302.html
To unsubscribe from Hello!, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ahhh!  You are going with a vee belt rather than poly groove.  Then this is the drawing for you.  The part # and applications are:

Reply | Threaded
|

The95FordGuy
Thanks Gary! I just put that part number in google and still no luck. I did find a bracket from bronco graveyard that looks close. Has anyone had any luck with this one? It says its for 1980-88 Ford truck/bronco with 429/460 without EFI, which on paper sounds like exactly what I need but the picture obviously looks a bit different than the original. It definitely seems close. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 20, 2020, at 7:28 AM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ahhh!  You are going with a vee belt rather than poly groove.  Then this is the drawing for you.  The part # and applications are:

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Hello-tp51273p51383.html
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I just realized that the E3TZ 3C511-D also fits an 83 - 86 w/a 460 w/o A/C.  That would be a carb'd 460, so maybe the bracket you found will fit?  Make sure you can return it if not.

Reply | Threaded
|

The95FordGuy
Ok! I’m going to give it a shot. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 20, 2020, at 10:06 AM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I just realized that the E3TZ 3C511-D also fits an 83 - 86 w/a 460 w/o A/C.  That would be a carb'd 460, so maybe the bracket you found will fit?  Make sure you can return it if not.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Hello-tp51273p51396.html
NAML