Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello new users!

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Welcome!  

This is OUR forum, and we are constantly looking to fix or improve the user experience.

So I've been tasked with getting feedback from those who are not yet in the close circle or 'brethren' of Bullnose Enthusiasts.

We have some of the most comprehensive data compilations available on the net.

We try to heed the Friendly Open Respectful Discussion policy.

But there's always room to improve, and that's why I started this thread.

How is your experience?
Are you having problems finding what you want or need?
Basically; what can we do to make this place better for all of US?
 look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Thanks, Jim
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello new users!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - Well said!  This certainly is OUR forum, and we want it to feel like home to each of us.  So we need to know what the issues are for others.

Thanks for doing this!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

nic55kel
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Welcome!  

How is your experience?
Are you having problems finding what you want or need?
Basically; what can we do to make this place better for all of US?
 look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Thanks, Jim
This is a great site for the bullnose trucks. Over the years I have owned 3 of them and my favourite was an 86 300 np435 3.08 regular cab long box non catalyst 2wd F150. It was the absolute definition of a work truck: simple, reliable, low maintenance and tough. Unfortunately it rusted away.

Would just like to thank Gary, yourself and all others who have put in the hours to make this site such a mine of information.

I have a question on using the "Quote" function when replying. I have been quoting the entire message and then deleting the unwanted parts of the post that I am replying to. Is there a better way?

Bob near Winnipeg

1986 F250 Lariat extended cab 300 T18 2WD
1979 Honda CX500
1992 Oldsmobile 98 touring sedan
2007 F250 6.0 4wd
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Well, Gary is the real 'master' of this site, but that's how I do it.

I'm humbled, and Thank You for the question.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by nic55kel
You are welcome.  Glad it works for you.  But we are far from done, so help us make it better.

Having said that, quoting is an area that needs some help.  However, I don't know how to make it better.  Perhaps you have a suggestion?

At present, if I want to cut a quote up into sections in order to answer them one-by-one I hit the "Quote" button and then do some editing.  For instance, I just did that with your message and then had to edit out Jim's part, which you had also quoted.

By copying and pasting the "quote author="nic55kel"" and the "/quote" text, along with their <> characters ahead and behind, I cut it into three sections and commented on each.  Or, you could hit Quote three times and just edit each section.

nic55kel wrote
This is a great site for the bullnose trucks. Over the years I have owned 3 of them and my favourite was an 86 300 np435 3.08 regular cab long box non catalyst 2wd F150. It was the absolute definition of a work truck: simple, reliable, low maintenance and tough. Unfortunately it rusted away.
That is a work truck, for sure.  With the granny low coupled with the 3.08 gears you had enough grunt down low to move anything and high enough top gear to cruise.

nic55kel wrote
Would just like to thank Gary, yourself and all others who have put in the hours to make this site such a mine of information.
Glad it is working for you.

nic55kel wrote
I have a question on using the "Quote" function when replying. I have been quoting the entire message and then deleting the unwanted parts of the post that I am replying to. Is there a better way?
Not that I know of - yet.  But what it begs for is a way to quote multiple people's statements.  And the only way I know how to do that is to open another tab and quote the other statements there and copy/paste them.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I do that too, Gary.

But multi quote function would be nice!
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Greg 85
Just got here, I will come back after I navigate the site and give more feed back.
Greg Gorbet:
1985 Ford F150 Explorer, 5.0 EFI, AOD, Longbed, black and blue, 2WD, all stock project.
1983 Cheverolet C10, 427 SBC, TH400/reverse, back halfed w/Ford 9" on 4-link, Project.
1979 C10, 383 SBC, TH350, Big 10 on leafs w/ladderbars, Saturday night special/date truck.
1985 Sport-Craft 272 Fishing Boat
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome!
Reply | Threaded
|

mehmetcelikel
Hi Everyone,
After buying and selling 2 Ford's as a newcomer into US (1967 Galaxie 500 Convertible 390 and 1995 Bronco XLT 5.8), I just got my 3rd Ford in our 3rd year in US. It is a 1983 F350 Custom Single Cab Dually. It has 460 in it with 4 speed manual tranny. Original paint and interior, 89k miles. As Midwesterns know very well, it is nearly impossible to find rust free cars around here, so I was looking for something all over states. And found this beauty in Missoula, MT. It was never been driven in winter, undercoated from factory, 1st owner and absolutely rust free. I also fell in love with the factory writings under the hood and engine bay area. Because of pandemic and being a dually, companies tried to charge me crazy amounts for transport and I decided to drive it all the way from West Montana to Illinois))) (A Turkish courage, or stupidity. Whatever you call) I drove her for 1580 miles, spent 11 mpg but saved tons of money. (Except the need to use Advil 200 mg for the next 3 months) I did not have any issues at all. The only thing was my mistake. I used the front fuel tank all the way down and probably it sucked dirt. I have lower fuel pressure and choking only on front tank, I hope I can fix it easily with filter changes. I know that both of the electric pumps were replaced by the owner.

I am not a big fan of sucking air noise, so I may get rid of the Ford racing covers and filter and return back to original (The seller gave them) Here are the pics:

By the way,I still could not find the workshop manual for 83 F350, if anybody have a link I appreciate so much...

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined!  

But your post is a little unusual as people normally start their own thread/topic in the New Members Start Here folder.  That's not a huge problem, but if you want to start your own thread/topic there I can move this post to it.

So, you are in Illinois.  What part?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you if we had a city or a zip.

And, you are from Turkey?  I've been to Istanbul and Ismir to go to Colossae.  So, where are you from?

Man, that is a serious TRUCK!  I really like it!  It sure is clean.  But on the air cleaner, you might want to find an original to replace the open element one.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Oh yes - your daughter is cute!

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

mehmetcelikel
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Oh! To be honest I found the forum very complicated. Both the user interface and the way to register:) I am sure I will get used to it. Please remove my post to where ever is appropriate.

I live in Naperville, IL.

I am from Ankara, Turkey:) We moved to US less than 3 years ago, hoping to provide our daughter a better education and future 2020 still continues to surprise us but I am sure it will pass:)))

I have the original covers and air cleaner box but I am still not sure. Some friends say leave it like that as this is a useful mod. I will decide later:) First I am gonna do some TLC work on the engine harness and body. It is seriously original, that's why I drove her back for 1600 miles:)))
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by mehmetcelikel
mehmetcelikel wrote
By the way,I still could not find the workshop manual for 83 F350, if anybody have a link I appreciate so much...
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=Ford+shop+manual+F350+1983&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=6030&_odkw=Ford+F350+1983+manuals

Welcome to the forum! Beautiful truck!
Reply | Threaded
|

mehmetcelikel
Thank you!

I will still try to find a free one:))) I did for 95 Bronco and F series, I am sure somebody have a pdf:))) Or I hope:)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We have many of the sections of the factory shop manual on here.  Take a look in the Documentation section, where you will find the sections on engines, transmissions, brakes, etc.

And, I think you'll get used to the interface.  It is fairly logical.

As for the air cleaner, go to Documentation/Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners (click on Air Cleaners) and read that and see if it helps you decide which air cleaner to run.  

Last, you are now on the map.  Go to Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.

Reply | Threaded
|

dlfloore
This is great. I’m so glad I found his forum. I have an ‘82 Ford Bronco and am in the process of restoring it. Thanks for putting this together!
David Floore

1982 Ford Bronco XLT Lariat
Red and White
302W
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome! And thank you for the feedback.  

Please let us know if you find some way we can make this forum a better place for all of us.  

How long have you had your Bronco?
Are you going concours/frame off, or just bringing it back to how it was?
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by dlfloore
dlfloore wrote
This is great. I’m so glad I found his forum. I have an ‘82 Ford Bronco and am in the process of restoring it. Thanks for putting this together!
Welcome!  But usually people start their own introduction thread rather than posting in here.  Just click on the New Members Start Here link at the top of the page, click New Topic, and away you go.

That way you'll get a chance to see our guidelines, and we hope you'll read them as we hold members to them.

Reply | Threaded
|

FordUSAF150
Hi guys how are y'all doing out there? I would like to introduce myself because I'm new here. My name is Dennis and I'm from The Netherlands (Europe). I went several times to the US, because of my job within the Army, as a Sgt First Class. Fort Hood Texas was the place to be, and went there 6 times. God I love it over there. Great food, awesome people and big a** trucks. We hired and drove many cool trucks during our 8 weeks stay in Texas. On days off we visited Houston, Gas Monkey Garage in Dallas and Austin to slam some beers @sixth street. Okay I'm sorry, enough about the sight seeing in Texas(hahaha) So back in Holland, I decided to buy my own truck. They are extremely rare to find or to buy in The Netherlands, any type of American truck 'cause of the gas prices and taxes. Months I kept searching for a Chevrolet Blazer K5. Just when I found one, was the only way to get it by auction. I wanted to check and ride it first before the actual payment. =so, NEGAT= By accident I saw online this '84 F-150 which is MY TRUCK NOW!!! After a test drive I did some negotiation, I gave the man a hand and SOLD!!! ''Honey, I just bought myself a US Truck''. Now I have to be patient to get over there and drive it home. The dealer is renewing the crankcase and valve cover gasket. This takes some time, but in the end it saves me a lot of time and swearing. So hopefully within a couple off days I can look out of the window to my 1984 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat extended cab, 4x4 aut 5.8 V8 Hopefully I can learn a lot from you Ford guys.
From The Netherlands, the most Western country of Europe with a 1984 Ford F-150 ''Bullnose'' XLT Lariat extended cab 4x4 5.8 V8 aut
1234 ... 10