Hello from central Arkansas

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello from central Arkansas

VWThomason
Hello everyone! My name is Vincent and I'm from Arkansas. I've got a wide background of knowledge and skills, but I am here to learn more as well as help others along the way.

I'm currently working on my 1986 F350 crew cab long bed dually 6.9 c6 2wd truck. This truck now has a 1997 215hp P-pump cummins engine in it, backed by a ZF-5 from a 1996 F350. I am also converting this truck to 4wd with the help of Sky's Offroad Design: 2" Front RSK kit using super duty springs. Yes this kit is intended for 4wd trucks, but for the time and money this is a far superior option than trying to design your own without a CAD program and a plasma table. I will be starting a write up on it once I get into it pretty good to help anyone with the necessary modifications to use this kit to convert their 2wd also. The truck will be sitting on what I believe are U code superduty springs and a dana 60 from a 1996 F350.

Then also for the rear I will be using Sky's Offroad Design's Rear 08-16 Superduty leaf spring swap kit. I'm not 100% sure how this is going to sit yet, but I hope with this combination I'll be able to eliminate the rear block completely or only run stock F250 block.

As for the rest of the truck I'm not quite sure all what I'm going to do with it so please follow along with me :)
The Polar Bear - 1986 F350 Crew Cab Long Bed Dually. Starting life as a 2wd 6.9 C6 truck. Now has Cummins P-pump that is slightly turned up. Running ZF-5 transmission with BW4407 transfer case. Converting to 4wd with some help from a SKY RSK kit with SD springs on top of a 1996 Dana 60. Also using the SKY kit to convert the rear to 2008 springs. More to come.

Clifford - 1993 F250 7.3 IDI ATS 088 turbo with a ZF-5 behind it and 4.10 gears. Lifted along with solid axle D60 swap. Running Baja military 37s
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello from central Arkansas

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Vincent - Welcome!  What part of central Arkansas?  We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to put you on it.

And, by the way, we have the show here, being Skiatook, OK, on Sept 21st.  Come on over, several of the guys will be here.

On the front suspension, as you know we are going along somewhat parallel paths - to the point that I'm going to try u-code springs as that's what I have.  They may be too soft, but we shall see.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome, Vincent!
Reply | Threaded
|

VWThomason
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Just a few minutes outside of Little Rock in a little place called Avilla, but my address is Alexander. I'd love to make it over, but I won't be able to make it. I got a lot going on in the coming months. Plus need to focus on this Fummins and get it road ready.

As far as the springs go I don't think they'll be too soft as long as you're running a sway bar. My 93 rides so dang rough I'll be glad to have a soft ride. If it's too much I'll upgrade to the dual shock setup and that should work out to be enough recipe for a good ride.
The Polar Bear - 1986 F350 Crew Cab Long Bed Dually. Starting life as a 2wd 6.9 C6 truck. Now has Cummins P-pump that is slightly turned up. Running ZF-5 transmission with BW4407 transfer case. Converting to 4wd with some help from a SKY RSK kit with SD springs on top of a 1996 Dana 60. Also using the SKY kit to convert the rear to 2008 springs. More to come.

Clifford - 1993 F250 7.3 IDI ATS 088 turbo with a ZF-5 behind it and 4.10 gears. Lifted along with solid axle D60 swap. Running Baja military 37s
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by VWThomason
You are now on the map.  

Sorry you can't make it, but there's always next year.  And while we have several coming this year, there are even more planning for it next year.

I will have a sway bar on, but if it limits articulation it may be disconnected.  We'll see how it works out.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Welcome Vincent!
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by VWThomason
Welcome Vincent!  

Gary mentioned having you over from Facebook and I'm glad for your input on the SORD RSK.
(I think I was the impetus for his decision to go that way with Big Blue)

At any rate, I'm glad to find your intro and look forward to following your CC Fummins project here on the forum.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.