classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
20 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello all, first time poster, long time reader

Snowpony
Greetings,
 I know I'm technically new here, only registering finally today, I've been using this resource for the last few years. What a great resource!
 About me, married, 2 daughters, 2 Broncos, and I live in West Michigan.
 My current Broncos are a1984 and a 1985. Living in Michigan,we get snow. And they salt the roads. Finding rust free parts is like hitting the lottery!
Always looking for good stuff, and fixing the stuff I have. My 1985 has a snowplow on it. I did put a straight axle under her,and the short wheelbase makes plowing right areas easy.
Thanks for this opportunity,
Curt
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello all, first time poster, long time reader

kramttocs
Administrator
Welcome! Glad you joined and looking forward to seeing your Broncos. Don't know if I've seen a Bronco with a plow on it before
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Snowpony
Welcome, Curt!  Glad you joined.  (And glad you finally got in.  That Yahoo thing is a bummer.)

Where in West Michigan are you?  If we had a town or zip we could put you on the map.  (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.)

Two Broncos!?!?!?  That's not fair!  I don't have any.  

Seriously though, we need to see pics as we are wont to say "Pics or it didn't happen."

What do you do?  Me, I'm retired and loving it!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome, Curt!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowpony
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary,
 I'm in Battle Creek,Michigan.49017.
I work as a printer, making flexible packaging, food wrappers for almost everything.
 Yes 2 Broncos! 4 extra doors,1 extra top,misc stuff I may need someday?
Pictures, I will try!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting!  A "printer" makes flexible packaging.  I didn't know that.

Anyway, you are now on the map.

As for your pic, you've run afoul of the problems in posting pics on this, and many forums.  The issue is that when you take a pic with a modern camera you can rotate it any which way and it'll put an orientation stamp in the picture's metadata.  Then when modern devices open the pic they read the data and properly orient the pic.

Not so our forum, although I hope to change that some day.  So, for now you have to open it in an editing app and then save it.  That usually gets it to the proper orientation.

And, your file might have been over the 1 Mb upper size limit, so you made it Big or Small or somesuch.  That takes detail out.  So when I rotated and zoomed your pic it got fuzzy.  Sorry.  When you open and then save your file in the editing app tell it to save to a size smaller than the 1 Mb limit.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowpony
Yeah, technology got me again!
Thanks for flipping it, I was reading what to do about it.
Got more pictures, no promises on which way I end up posting them?
Curt
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Are on a computer or a mobile device?  On a Windows machine there are several free apps to use.  On an iPhone I've used Photoshop Express.

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowpony
My garage,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looking good!  And, you got the picture posting figured out.  

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Sac79
Welcome, I like the plow Bronco!
Rob

Eddy Myrtle '84 F150 300-6, Offenhauser C series intake, Edelbrock 1404(500cfm manual choke), EFI exhaust manifold, HEI dizzy, custom Painless harness, NP 435, NP 208, D44, 8.8"/3.08, 1.5" leveling coils, 265/75/16 tires.
Toyopet (Daily driver) '86 Toyota Pickup
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Curt!  
Glad to hear you've been making good use of the site.

Keeping year-round trucks in one piece in salt country is a thankless task.
I'm interested in which, and what it took to install a straight axle in your Bronco.

The Bronco you're working on is going to be bright like a sunflower!  
Do you intend a white or colour matched lid?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowpony
Hello, and Thanks!
 As for the straight axle swap, I used a 1979 F150 High pinion Dana 44, original 3:50 gears and an Eaton E-locker. I hung it all on James Duffs long arm full-size Bronco swap kit. For what I do with this Bronco, zero regrets!
 The other Bronco will be two tone, yellow and white with a white cap.
Thanks for your interest
Curt
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Thank you for the detailed reply.

The D44 with E-locker must be a lot simpler to deal with than TTB with a plow hanging over it.  

Do you find the turning radius any better with the solid axle?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
So the arms connect to the axle at the diamond-shaped fittings?  I helped WelderScott change out the bushings on his, so am somewhat familiar with them.

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowpony
Yes, the new arms attach to the housing at the c-bushings as the 73-79 4x4 trucks do.
The arms are made with a bend to keep larger tires from rubbing the arms. So they may increase radius a bit.
The TTB axle didn't the weight of my plow, carrying that much weight sure pulled the front of my Bronco, and the tops of the tires in. Even with air bags in the springs.
Pinion angle can be changed with different degree c-bushings. Drive shaft length didn't change in my Bronco when I did the SAS .
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good to know.  Thanks.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Another new member -Calperry- has a bright yellow Bronco, but his is monochromatic.
Perhaps I see a trend?  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bright colors look GOOD on a Bronco!