classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello! Newbie from Oklahoma

Machspeed
Administrator
Hello, just found the website the other day in a search for a seat alternative for the bench seat in my 86 Bullnose. What a goldmine this place is. Thank you Gary for putting this together!!!

If the pictures post, this is "Blackie", my 86 F-150 that I bought brand new back in 86. It has just shy of 100k on it. It’s a 351W HO 4x4 with C-6 trans that I have modified mildly with an edelbrock Performer intake, edelbrock 600 CFM carb, a set of Ford Lightning headers and true duel exhaust. A few years back, I did a mild resto on it by repainting it and replacing all the exterior plastic, rubber, and adding some later model Ford OEM wheels.  

Earlier this year, after driving a new truck, I had thought to sell it.  I’ve neglected it a bit mechanically and as such it leaks in every place it can leak from. I’m talking trans fluid, oil, coolant, power steering fluid, etc. Also, the AC does not work nor does the fuel gauge.  As I have a somewhat sentimental attachment to the truck, I’ve decided to keep it and address the mechanicals.

After I address the above mentioned issues, I hope to replace the bench seat with something that has a console to at least put a cup in! I've never liked that bench seat.

Concerning to me is the steering. I've replaced the center link and tie rod ends twice on my truck now. The last time was last year. I was amazed at how wore out those pieces were. I'm telling you, it was downright scary. I don't recall what I used the first time but high end MOOG parts were used last year. This is obviously excessive and I need to look into it.

Anyway, thanks for having me and I look forward to the fellowship of other Bullnose owners.

Best Regards,

John

John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello! Newbie from Oklahoma

Gary Lewis
Administrator
John - Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Okiehoma?  What part?  I'm in Skiatook.  Would you like to be on our map?  Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.

Nice looking truck!  I'm glad you decided to keep it.

Pretty sure Jim is about to post and say he promoted you to Member 'cause he beat me to it.  So WELCOME!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Machspeed
Welcome John!  

That's a really good looking truck you have there.  

I'm sure Gary (fellow Sooner) will be along in a bit to ask you where you live and if you'd like to be included on our members map.

But, I have promoted you to 'member' so you're welcome to take part in any discussion, or start one of your own.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Ha!
Yes, but I'm slower at pecking on my phone.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Ha!
Yes, but I'm slower at pecking on my phone.  
Yep, but you get there.  I really appreciate all you do, Jim.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I do what I can, with what I've got....

I appreciate the opportunity to help out!  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome! You’ll be glad you kept the truck I think.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Thanks for the warm welcome, gentlemen! Gary, I live in Wagoner, we'll have to meet up sometime. I've read through some of your posts and you're a man I could spend time around. And yes, put me on the map!

Actually, working on the truck today as I have a water leak from the intake manifold. And, while the manifold is off, I want to ensure that I put it all back together correctly. When I stripped off all the emissions years ago, I did it with much ignorance. I'm going to post on some of my issues here in a bit and I welcome your input?

Thank you gentlemen,

John Lindsay  
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
John - You are now on the map.  And, as we aren't far apart, we will have to meet up!

As for the water leak, the Windsors have a coolant crossover in the front and rear of the intake manifold, and unless the coolant is maintained very well it isn't unusual for there to be corrosion there, which can easily cause a leak.  

If you look on our map there's a gentleman named Brandon, who calls himself Bruno2 on forums, and he and I fixed his 351W intake by filling the corrosion with JB Weld and filing it back.

But two things.  First, you will probably want to start a thread about your truck in the main section of the forum.  Second, it would help us help you if you'd give us some info about your truck, and maybe even your name, in a "signature".  There is info on how to do that on the Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQs page.

Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
In reply to this post by Machspeed
Welcome to the crowd. That is one nice looking pickup you have there, wow. There is a lot of smart folks on this site, good folks too.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome!
Reply | Threaded
|

Dee1986
Welcome aboard John, that is one sharp looking truck. Looks like you could dive right into that black paint.
Brian,
1986 f250 xlt lariat 4x4/ 460 4 speed
2016 super duty lifted
1949 Ford custom sedan, orig flathead eight