classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hello, New Kid From NorCali.

Seanable
 My name is Sean,
 I live in Williams, Ca. with my wife,Bernadette, and our little dog,"Hotrod". I have known my wife for 40 years, and been married to her for over 10. We are both decent mechanics and team up on a project now and again. I have owned over 4,000 vehicles over the years and had several Bullnose Ford trucks. My favorite so far was a 1986 F150 standard cab longbed 4x4 300-6 4spd. We currently have two Bullnose Fords..A 1985 F250 standard cab 2WD 6.9 A/T that did us good service for years hauling cars on our car trailer. It quit starting and got parked. Recently we were given a 1986 standard cab F250 4x4 6.9 (with less that 10,000 miles on a new motor!) 4spd that had been abandoned on a hillside in Ladoga, ca. almost 15 years ago. We towed it home on a towbar and I
 got to work cleaning the rodent crap, bodies and nests out. Using the '85 F250 as a donor, I swapped out the engine wiring harness,and various other stuff that were damaged in the '86. After siphoning out the old fuel, replacing the injection return lines, putting fresh fuel in, and new batteries, she ran. I checked the oil in all the gear boxes, replaced the brake fluid in clutch and brake systems, I drove it. It drives quite nicely, even on three of the same tires and the spare from under the truck. The more I drive it, and spray PB Blaster on everything, the more stuff works. I came across this site and was impressed by the amount of information that was made available about these great rigs on here. The issues I am currently facing that are of an electrical nature will surely be cleared up using the electrical section in the "documents" part of this site. Other issues include sealing up the return lines on the fuel return system...which I may have dicked by replacing one set of O rings on an injector. The cruise control is an issue, as well as the tach doesn't work properly. Oh, and the stench of rat piss is likely to kill me if I cant get that figured out.
 I am looking forward to helping, as well as receiving help on this forum. Forums are a wonderful source for problem solving...or at times knowing you are not alone in your misery.   
'86 F250 4x4 6.9l 4spd.
'85 F250 6.9l A/T (donor)
'00 F150 xtracab 4x4 5.4 A/T Lariat
'79 HD FLH 80"Shovelhead (not very stock...quite fast)
~SS
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello, New Kid From NorCali.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sean - Welcome!  You may be the first person to join and be on the map before posting.    (He contacted me directly and asked to be added to the map.)

That's quite a story on the trucks.  But 4,000 vehicles?!?!?  Wow!  That's a bunch!  Is flipping vehicles what you do?  Or?

On your pics, they are really small.  There are some suggestions on how to post pics on the Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's page that might help get them bigger so's we can see then better.  Or, just ask questions.

You'll want to start a thread in the main section on your efforts on the '86.  That area gets the most attention so more people will see your posts and questions.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Hello, New Kid From NorCali.

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona