Hello From Tennessee

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello From Tennessee

Mastermind Worksaws
This is the solution then. Thank you Jim.

I've got a good 460, lots of new parts.....and a Holley Sniper setup with Hyperspark for it. Just gotta get my small block truck put back together. LOL
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
If you need any help, I've been there done that

We're all family here on the Forum...  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Mastermind Worksaws
I appreciate the help. I sorta stumbled into the Bullnose thing when I needed a truck that was capable of pulling a cattle trailer. My first one is an 83 F350 351W T-18 that I got cheap. Both heads were cracked, and it had a God awful coating of red paint literally all over it....

From there my grandson and I started digging into building something more powerful, and down the rabbit hole we go.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
That's cool as hell that you're working on it with your grandson!  
Gary has a '50 Chevy p/u that he and his barely teen grandson are 'learning' together on...

We REALLY LIKE these kind of stories here at the Garagemahal.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Mastermind Worksaws
My grandson is almost 21.....and works with me on saws too. He's good help at pretty much everything. He has a 74 Highboy that we are attempting to bring back to life after it sat for 20 years.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
You're fortunate you get to share time in the shop with him.
I'm sure he's a fine young man.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Walt released another video tonight.

A faceoff between Husky, Jonsered and McCullough work saws.

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Mastermind Worksaws
I rarely watch any chainsaw videos. I work on saws 5 or 6 days a week....

Lately the MS500i is the one that we are spending the most time on. The first fuel injected chainsaw ever. When Stihl first released them, they were only available in certain countries in Europe. I was importing them, and modifying them long before they were released in the United States.

Now that they have been around a few years, they are beginning to need repairs. What would be something simple, like a carb rebuild is not quite so simple. Any repair that involves replacing a sensor or module means that the unit must be hooked up to Stihl's MDG interface to allow the unit to be recalibrated.

Recently we had one with a stop switch code. It would idle all day, but wouldn't rev up at all. Without the MDG, and Stihl's software, diagnostics would have been a nightmare.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Sounds like German cars, with their proprietary interface and software.
Fool injection can be amazing, but I'm not familiar with it in a 2-stroke.

I can't diagnose a microcontroller, by ear.
I may know what's going wrong, but not how to fix it.
I've been  working on 2-cycle engines since the '70's.
Raced RD's and prepped Kawi 3 cylinder drag bikes.

A few years back I got the bug and built a pair of Farmertech clones because I missed my 038 Super and wanted a top handle saw but didn't want to pay stupid money.
 Jim,