classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greetings from Regensburg, Germany

Phil-S
Hello friends,
My name is Philipp, i am 36, i am originally from Bamberg, but now live in a village close to Regensburg.
I was transferred for 2 years to Greenville, South Carolina through my company. Thats also where i bought my 1984 XLT longbed automatic 2WD.
I own it now for over a year and sent it over to Germany last summer.
In the US i did get the carburetor adjusted, replaced broken door panels, got a new starter and TFI module and exchanged the plugs. Also i had to seal the rear glass panel since some water was leaking through. I also did replace the billet grill with a standard one again. Other than that the it was in pretty good shape.
It was a magic moment when i finally saw it again in Germany after the long journey.
Interestingly, it seems to run a lot better than in the US. Maybe thats because rhe air isnt as humid as it is in the South.
I am loving my truck and am so happy that i brought it over. It is very special here ;) Right now, i have another job though. We have a 10months old boy. Hopefully, he will work on it with me in some years.
Oh, i found this forum because of my issues with the starter solenoid and the TFI module.
I received very helpful information.
I did attach some pictures od my F150. Most of themwere still taken in the US.
Cheers,
Philipp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greetings from Regensburg, Germany

Phil-S
Reply | Threaded
|

Dee1986
In reply to this post by Phil-S
Welcome Philipp, I really like that color combination. Sharp looking truck. I see a dual exhaust peeking out the back, what size motor?
Brian,
1986 f250 xlt lariat 4x4/ 460 4 speed
2016 super duty lifted
1949 Ford custom sedan, orig flathead eight
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Phil-S wrote
Interestingly, it seems to run a lot better than in the US. Maybe that's because the air isn't as humid as it is in the South.
My first guess would have been that you had better quality fuel in Germany?

In any case, welcome aboard Phil. Nice truck. It's very cool to see some of these trucks in Germany. They must be a real head turner over there.

I think we have several German Bullnose owners on here now;).

Congrats on finally getting her across the ocean;).

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Philipp - Welcome!  Sure glad you joined!  

I've been to Regensburg.  We took a Viking cruise down the Danube a few years ago and due to the low water situation we started there rather than Nuremberg if I remember correctly.  And I remember the cathedral.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you.  But do you want it to be the little village?  Which is it?

Nice truck!  It looks really sharp.  As others have said, those colors pop.  And it will be nice to work on it with your son.  Congratulations!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

svenS
Hallo Phillip!

Soon we'll be more Germans than Americans here!
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by svenS
svenS wrote
Soon we'll be more Germans than Americans here!
I'd love it!  Give me another reason to visit your beautiful country - to meet you guys!  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

svenS
I would be happy to make you a coffee and Philipp might give out a Bratwurst. Is there a better reason to come over?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
As long as I don't have to eat another weisswurst.  That was the worst!  

Had it in the Hofbräuhaus and I tasted it the rest of the day!  

Perhaps we could have a truck show here?  (I took that pic about 5 years ago.)

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Welcome! I love your truck. Great condition, and color combo!

We had a german exchange student in 2003 from Magdeburg. Anita Bublock, I could be spelling her las name wrong.

I have a few ancestors from there. Lehmenkuler, I think was their last name.

1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Phil-S
Thanks for all the credits.
The better fuel quality in Germany could be a reason for the good performance. Right now, its even affordable to drive longer distances in Germany. ;)
It is a 302. The exhaust was done before i bought it. The lady who sold it didnt know much about the history of the truck. I didnt care because it was a great deal. I found some hay inside the hood so i believe it was a barn find and they had someone repair it to sell it then.
You are more than welcome to come visit. I will definitely let you know whenever i will be back in the US.
Philipp
Reply | Threaded
|

Phil-S
Oh, and my zip code is 93096 Köfering. Would be great if you could put it on the map.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Jochen1964
Hallo Phillip, wenn du mal in der Ecke Düsseldorf bist lass es mich wissen. Dann können wir bei richtigem Bier über unsere bullnoses schnacken.

Sorry guys for using our mother tongue Language. I was tempted and couldn‘t resist.
Mein Laster: 1986 Ford F150 XL, 4WD, sgl cab, short bed, 302 EFI
Meine Katze: KTM 890 SMT
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
So, what is the "right" beer?  Or, do you just mean a German beer?  

Reply | Threaded
|

Jochen1964
Impressive Gary, your German is very good. Well, talking about the right beer (or a real beer) may end up in philosophical conversations touching national or regional pride. Being brought up with the variety of German and Belgium (and Czech) beer I believe there are many good beers suitable for different need states. But a real beer for me is a cold Draught Pils (0.2 or 0.3 ltr serving) fresh from the tab 

Am 31.07.2020 um 21:21 schrieb Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]>:

So, what is the "right" beer?  Or, do you just mean a German beer?  

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Greetings-from-Regensburg-Germany-tp58846p68811.html
To unsubscribe from Greetings from Regensburg, Germany, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've spent time in your country, Jochen.  And enjoyed every minute of it.  In fact, I hope to get back.

But I know nothing about beer.  Was winding you up, knowing that there are so many different kinds that everyone probably has a different opinion.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Sac79
In reply to this post by Jochen1964
Jochen1964 wrote
But a real beer for me is a cold Draught Pils (0.2 or 0.3 ltr serving) fresh from the tab
Is that a sample serving?

Real beer is served in at least a pint glass! US and imperial both acceptable...
Rob

Eddy Myrtle '84 F150 300-6, Offenhauser C series intake, Edelbrock 1404(500cfm manual choke), EFI exhaust manifold, HEI dizzy, custom Painless harness, NP 435, NP 208, D44, 8.8"/3.08, 1.5" leveling coils, 265/75/16 tires.
Toyopet (Daily driver) '86 Toyota Pickup
Reply | Threaded
|

Jochen1964
It is not always about size Rob though I agree that a pint of Guiness at the right moment can also be delicious. However, personally I prefer small beers, freshly draught and lots of them 🙋‍♂️ Agreed though that the first two or three could also come in half liters