classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greetings from Arizona: New member here

guitartruck
Hi Guys and Gals

Guitartruck Mark here from Scottsdale AZ.  I have been over on the FTE forum for a while.  I have a 1982 F150 XLT Lariat , 302, C6 2wd, 2.70 in the back, that everytime I drive I have a smile on my face. I've had the truck for about 2 years now.  It is my father in-laws; I got when he took himeslf off the road.  Nebraska truck full of Nebraska rust in all of the usual places.  Runs well but leaks like a sieve.  Home reno projects are done so I am starting back up on the truck.  Attached is a picture of the old girl.  

I will start up a thread on her after the holidays showing progress. Look forward to being part of the community here!!  

Mark
1982 F150 XLT Lariat, 5.0 C6 2wd 2.70 Stock as She Comes; 2007 Harley FLHTCUSE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greetings from Arizona: New member here

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Mark!    Glad you joined us.

And, I like the truck.  The paint scheme is very close to that of Big Blue.

By the way, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I can add you to it if you'd like.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

guitartruck
Thanks Gary. I would gladly be part of the member map. I am located in Scottsdale Arizona. As for the paint scheme I am planning on keeping it very similar when the body work is down. May try to use a more metallic light blue but overall will be same.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by guitartruck
Welcome aboard Guitar truck.

Interesting that your truck has the little mirrors (mine has these also). I don't think I've seen them on a 2-tone truck before...I thought they were only offered on single color plain option-less trucks like mine.

In any case it looks great. I'm anxious to see the progress.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by guitartruck
You are on the map.  And, I note that you across town from member 500$F-150.  You can email him by clicking on his flag on the map and then clicking on the email link.  Perhaps you two can meet.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome!
Reply | Threaded
|

guitartruck
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Interesting story about these mirrors. When I got the truck my father in law- who was known for his Rube Goldberg like engineering skills had put two old truck mirrors-two different ones mind you- off a semi that he found in a junk yard free box and drilled the hell out of the doors to mount them. The truck looked like it had dumbo ears 🤣. When I got the truck,both mirrors were broken so......Dad gave me these two mirrors you see on the truck.  They fit the original existing holes in the door so on they went. They are functional, but when I get to the bodywork I will go with larger mirrors you see on most bull noses.