Good to be here.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Good to be here.

jdavidsmi
I'm retired, I spent 20 years in the Air Force, 13 years in Vermont, 12 more in Florida and now in Middle Tennessee. We like to travel and see the U.S. and go on missions trips with Builders For Christ.
I have been wanting a older truck to run to the dump, pull the boat and stuff. needed to be drivable but did not need to be perfect. I started looking around a year ago, but a heart attack put everything on hold for a while.
A couple of months ago I found my 1984 F150 LX 4x4. It had a key off short and the PO did not want to mess with it any more, got it cheep. I would say the truck is in fair condition, drivable but I would not take off on a trip with it.
I fixed the electrical short, the short was in the alternator, and I did the headlight relay modification. I have replaced the fuel tank pickup, cleaned the tank, and replaced the fuel pump. today I started replacing the rag joint, but the new joint did not come with bolts, so I will need to go to town tomorrow.
I still want to replace the axel pivot bushings, (I think that's the correct term). all the rest of the front suspension has been replaced by the PO. the rear end needs a seal and the floor pans will need to be replaced in a couple of years, and of course a paint job.

David,
1984 F150 LX, 4x4 117 wheel base, Engine Code "F" = 302, 5.0 2/B,
Transmission code "A" = 4sp manual New Process model 435
Axle code "19" = 3.55 (ford 8.8) manf.  08/1983, in Norfolk
DSO code "21" AtlantaFactory Air Conditioner, Dash with Gauges
1990 Goldwing 1500
1986 F150 XLT, short bed, 5.0 automatic
2004 F53 Fleetwood Terra motor home
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Home town Viola Tennessee
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Good to be here.

ctubutis
Oh, wow, how cool! I want to be retired, too. ;)
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
In reply to this post by jdavidsmi
Welcome! It's always great to have someone that appreciates their truck!I'm willing to do what I can for mine except the paint job.  If I paint it I'll care about what it looks like on the outside. Right now dings, dents and scratches add to the "Classic Look"
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

jdavidsmi
Thanks for the welcome.
David,
1984 F150 LX, 4x4 117 wheel base, Engine Code "F" = 302, 5.0 2/B,
Transmission code "A" = 4sp manual New Process model 435
Axle code "19" = 3.55 (ford 8.8) manf.  08/1983, in Norfolk
DSO code "21" AtlantaFactory Air Conditioner, Dash with Gauges
1990 Goldwing 1500
1986 F150 XLT, short bed, 5.0 automatic
2004 F53 Fleetwood Terra motor home
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Home town Viola Tennessee
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes David, welcome!  I, too, am retired. And, I'm loving it.

I hadn't heard of Builders For Christ, but looked it up and read about it. That's an interesting mission work, and I commend you for doing that. I know in many small towns the congregations of the Church of Christ have a very hard time having a building in which to meet, so that would certainly be beneficial.

And the term Middle Tennessee is one I've heard our daughter and SiL use when they lived in Nashville. (They are in Nicaragua now but still claim Nashville as home.)  But I've never really understood where it is. In fact, in all my driving there I've never seen a sign proclaiming that "right here is Middle Tennessee".  So, where are you?  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI