Gary and anyone else familiar . .

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gary and anyone else familiar . .

PetesPonies
with the Contour bumper, like on some Broncos and could be used on a non stepbumper pickup . .please read this, from post #75 on. Can you offer any info?    
 https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/57-78-96-build-forum-builds-only/427777-83-build-making-some-more-vintage-looking-4.html
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gary and anyone else familiar . .

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Pete - I've read quite a ways and it seems like the question is how you are supposed to fasten that filler panel on.  If I've misunderstood please ask the question again.

Anyway, the illustration is here: Exterior/Bumpers and on the Rear Bumper tab.  But, that's not really clear, so I've blown it up, below.

Does that help?  Did I misunderstand?

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

filler panel w/o step Bronco

Johns3524
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: filler panel w/o step Bronco

PetesPonies
Yes it's Johns version. I have the '83 Body, Chassis,Electrical light truck manual. My picture is similar to the one John shows, only my pic shows some foam tape as well. The issue is the only secure mounting are the two screws to the body, that the pic shows. It is not attached at the bumper, only the little rubber bumpers and foam  tape to keep it from rattling against the metal bumper.Johns pic doesn't show foam tape, mine does. I ran the numbers for the bumpers and the tape and didn't get a hit on Google.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
It sounds like you are not looking for the bumper, but I ran across this [E0TZ-17906-A]. Is it correct for this application?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-Ford-1973-1986-Truck-Rear-Bumper-Chrome-1974-1975-1976-1977-1978-F100/142733516687?epid=1022934302&hash=item213b949f8f:g:~z4AAOSwx-9WxkHD
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Yes that would be the bumper. But I bought a painted version as that is what I'm using on my truck, front and back. But no, I don't want the metal bumpers. I need the rubber bumpers that keep the stone guard from rattling, as well as the tape. I'm wondering if the tape is double sided??
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco