classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gary Will Be Somewhat Silent

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'll be "reading the mail", but won't be typing much for a few days as I burned my left hand today.  Not all that bad, but I'm typing this with the right hand, and it is SLOW.  So please jump in to help each other without me.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gary Will Be Somewhat Silent

ckuske
Administrator
Sorry to hear that, Gary.  Hope it feels better soon!
Chris

'84 F-150 XL 2WD Flareside, 302 w/ AOD transmission, Motorcraft 2150 feedback carb w/ CA Emissions, EEC-IV w/TFI, factory A/C, speed control - Info about me and my truck - My project thread
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Sorry to hear that Gary 😩

I hope you heal soon and I’ll try to pitch in where I can...
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
I'm praying for a speedy recovery, Gary!
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Bummer! Prayers!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, guys.  At the moment it doesn't really hurt, but may later.  And typing one-handed is no fun.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

The Human Wrench
Sorry about the burn. Silvadine cream (spelling?) is your friend for burns.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, I have some of that on the burns, but need to put more on soon.

Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Ouch those hurt and not just for a day or two either. Praying for a speedy heal!
 I spoke to the tech at National carb. Who happened to be the owner also. He says all 2150's suck air through the throttle shaft unless it was the military version which were waterproof! Anyway he said Power valve is the likely culprit as they got some Chinese PV's awhile back and it's possible one got put in my carb .they also drilled out some air passage in the PV compartment and that it was possible it didn't get drilled all the way through  This is supposed to aid in the idle to power circuit so we'll see how it works out .He also said to plug the dizzy port off the carb and see if I got a little vacuum upon goosing the throttle .
 Gary get well soon and no need to respond, take care of yourself !
Beaglerock/83f150 351W C6 Transmission 2 wheel drive.
Reply | Threaded
|

Whisler
Prayers for a quick recovery.
God Bless
Whisler

Frankenstein: 1989 F250 4X4, C-6, Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter, carbed '84 351W, Edelbrock manifold, Edlbrock AVS, DS2 ignition, 3G alternator, JBA shorty headers, no cats, dual exhaust with H pipe.