Garage Door Opener

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Garage Door Opener

baddog8it
I've really been missing my garage door opener since getting The Beast.  I had a universal opener hard wired into my last vehicle, so when I removed the clock to clean up the contacts, it seemed like a perfect time.

I'll hardwire the opener into the clock switched power supply.  By removing the case, I found the perfect spot.  It will be concealed and no one will even know it's there.  I just hope that the signal will be strong enough since it's not located in the line of sight of the garage through the windshield.

I'm permanently attaching it to the clock/radio/heater control bezel.  I've put an access hole on the underside surface between the heater controls and the radio opening.  Just reach your finger into the hole and press the button.

Here's some pics.  Should have it fully installed before the weekend's out.Spacer ring around button.Opening
THE BEAST - '85 F350 2WD (non dually) Crew Cab, 460 carbureted, C6 tranny
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Garage Door Opener

Darksidesm
That's awesome.
Justin
1985 Ford F-250 460 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
In reply to this post by baddog8it
Now you're making me wish I had a garage AND a door!

Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see the result!
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by baddog8it
That is thinking "outside of the box"!
Reply | Threaded
|

baddog8it
Wired up and working.  Great if I may add!  No one would ever know it's there unless they were looking for it.  (my toddler grandson may find it with his inquisitiveness)

Not sure about it's working range, but it works fine when The Beast is at it's parking spot at the end of the driveway.

No visible sign when seated.

Insert finger, press button and BAM - Garage door opens/closes!
THE BEAST - '85 F350 2WD (non dually) Crew Cab, 460 carbureted, C6 tranny
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Good job!