classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: Dash pad patch?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ron - I got the message below asking about the speaker patch.  David/1986F150Six sent you an email a few days ago where Matthew was asking about the price.

My response to him just now was:

Matthew - I've not heard back on that thread, but I did hit him up on another thread about it and he responded that he would look to see what he has in stock.  I'll hit him up again.

As for an arrangement, it was a collaborative effort between us and then he funded the first several until we got the details sorted out.  So I'm not in a position to pass the file on, sorry.  Again, I'll see where he stands on it.

Anyway, is there a better way for people to get in touch with you on this?

Gary

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 10:28 AM
Subject: Dash pad patch?
To: Gary Lewis <[hidden email]>

Hi Gary,

So I’m guessing nobody has heard back from Reamer on that 3D-printed dash patch we were discussing the other day.  I was cleaning my pad last night and applying vinyl protectant to it, when a chunk of the speaker grille broke off.  So now that I have a hole in my pad as opposed to just a crack, I’m a little more interested in getting a permanent-ish fix in there.

If I understand the old threads on FTE correctly, you were the designer of the patch.  If you still have the CAD files, would you be willing to share or license them to me to make a couple of patches just for my own use?  I have access to high-end 3D printing equipment through school, and I’ve always wanted to play with them.

Thanks,

Matthew

P.S.  I don’t know if you have any kind of business arrangement with Reamer on this, but of course I’d be happy to account for his financial interest as well.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI