classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fuel Tank Dimensions?

Bulletproof250
This post was updated on .
OK I'll start by saying this is a aftermarket plastic tank, but a factory location and appearance, does anyone have general dimensions for a midship DS tank (16, 17 or 19)? My truck is a single tank vehicle, but I think the wrong sending unit is in it (Never hits empty before it runs out) and I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

From everything I can calculate it's about a 19 Gallon

Is it: E0TZ9275G, if so, is there a Picture?
Thanks,
Alex

1984 F-250 Std Cab (a.k.a. Harrison), Dana 60 Rear, Dana 44HD Front, Ratio 3.54:1, 351W, 2bbl Motorcraft 2150, 4WD NP208 Transfer Case, 4-Speed Warner T-18..
Med Desert Tan Metallic ("Tan? ..not brown?" <= from CT DMV worker upon registering)

-Teach your Kids to Fish, Hunt, or get them into Cars, and they'll never have the time or money for drugs.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fuel Tank Dimensions?

85lebaront2
Administrator
If you go to Rock Auto, you may be able to find something LKQ makes a lot of replacement tanks and they should be on there.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fuel Tank Dimensions?

FuzzFace2
Alex,

Where is the tank you have now and is this a short or long bed?
Short beds (style & flare sides) used a 16 gallon side tank.
Long bed style side used a 19 gallon side tank.
Style side beds, short & long, used a 19 gallon rear tank. (flare side did not have a rear tank)

Are you looking for the measurements for a 19 gallon side tank?
I have one in storage I could get them from.
The 16 (smaller) next to the 19 (larger) tanks

You also did not say what year / motor truck you have and if no rear tank you could add a rear tank using factory parts for the tank (straps, cross member, hardware, filler hose / neck) and then would need to graft the door into the body.

Depending on the year / motor you could use a under dash switch to switch between tanks & senders.
The in dash switch you might be able to bolt in place but the wiring I think would be harder to do if placed there. Dual tank trucks used a different wiring harness, main & frame.

If there is a will there is a way
Yes I have added a rear tank using all factory parts (harness & dash switch) making my flare side a dual tank truck that was never an option.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100