classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fuel Rail

sgauvry
Good Morning Gents!

I received a fuel rail that is for a later model Ford, the advantage being this rail contains a schrader valve.  Please look at the photo, and if you are able to answer the questions I have marked on the photo, that'd be great!  Thanks!!

Steven A. Gauvry - 1985 F150 5.0 EFI
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fuel Rail

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - I can't answer the questions of size, but you do have the inlet and return labeled correctly.  The larger one is the inlet and smaller is the return.

By the way, the injectors in the pic reminded me - you did get my note that the injectors got here.  Right?  Thanks again!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

sgauvry
Thanks, Gary!  The larger one is marked fuel intake, so I have that much right!  Now, just need to confirm sizes for the spring connectors.

Advanced Auto sells two, sizes 11mm and 14mm.  Guessing it must be those, but am not certain.

Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

sgauvry
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Oh - and yes!  I got your note!!

Enjoy those injectors.  They are relatively new and I don't really think you'll need to clean them, but that's your call.  

Steve
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't see a need to clean them at all.  They look new - not like the crusty ones I pulled out of the '95 F450's plenum nor the ones out of the '90 F250's plenum.  So I'm going to run them as-is.  Thanks!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

sgauvry
Sure!  Will appreciate feedback once you have them in.  

Steve