classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Front suspension 82 Bronco 4wd and door weather seals

Andre
Good morning,

Some questions in regards to the front suspension on my 82 Bronco. The kit I received to replace the pivot bushings on the axle arm assembly is a new bushing, that has three independent rubbers and a main center spacer. Only on the LH side it does seem that the bushing wants to be pushed out. Could it be that I need to press the main frame some narrower, so the bushing sits straight and tight? Same with the radius arm bushings, the first kit I received did not have the hard nylon spacer, so ordered a new set with this included, but the bushings seem a little shorter, could this be due to the different material used, but still has the same result when installed.
I need to remove the front end again to replace the seals on the shafts, and lockers, as I did not know what to order before I removed the front end. As it takes sometimes 3 months before parts arrive I rebuild it to a point the car could be movable on all wheels.
One other piece that baffles me, that is the new weather seal kit for the front door, all seals have fitted correctly to this point, but the door window seals dont seem to have the correct curves. Ordered it again, but with the same result. All other seals are perfect fit, maybe I dont see it, and do I use the wrong curve at the wrong position.
About 95% of my parts are bought through Broncograveyard, as this is a one stop shop for the parts I need, could there be a problem in what they supply?

Glad to hear from anyone.
Amsterdam Bronco
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Front suspension 82 Bronco 4wd and door weather seals

myrl883
The molded corner of the window channel fits at the front corner where the division bar meets the door, not at the back corner as you have it. the back corner just has to be formed around the curve of the door. The rubber channel will probably wrinkle a bit at first, but a few warm days will soften it and it should flatten out.
Ford Parts Monkey since 1985
1981 F100 Flareside - Black, 302-4V Roller/AOD
1986 F150 Flareside - Medium Fire Red 302/AOD
1989 F150 Standard Cab 4x4 - Dk Shadow Blue 302/AOD
1993 F350 4x4 Crew Cab - 7.3 IDI/ZF-5
I think it's a sickness...
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Also mine were long in the front channel and short in the back channel (or vice versa) so just in case you run into that apparently it's normal in the replacements.
At the suggestion of some on this forum, adding some silicone spray made a world of difference in mine.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Andre
thanks guys, I think I know where to go with this
Amsterdam Bronco