Free Tires

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Free Tires

CountryBumkin
I have four (4) tires and wheels to giveaway.
They are 37" x 12.5R x 16.5 Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip mounted on American Racing Outlaw II wheels (8.5 x 16.5 with a 8-6.5 bolt pattern).

They have plenty of tread left (probably close to 75% tread remaing) but I didn't want to run them on my rig because they are 15 years old, and I was worried about a high speed blow out. So I replaced them.

I don't want to go through the trouble of shipping them. If anyone wants them, they are free to be picked up in the central Florida area.

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/parnelli-jones-dirt-grip.htm

-Mike
1982 F250 4x4 XLT Lariat, 460cid, 9.5:1, TFS 290 Street Port heads, Crane Hyd. Roller cam (278/286 adv.,216/224 @.050, .560"/.586" lift), Edelbrock Performer 460 intake, MSD Atomic TBI fuel injection, MSD 6AL ignition, MSD Billet distrib., Hedman headers, NOS Cheater system, 4" Suspension lift, 3" body lift, 4.56 gearing, 17x12.5Rx37 tires MT Baja ATZ-P3.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Free Tires

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Cool!  Maybe I should change the title of the folder to "For Sale, Trade, or Give-Away"?

FYI, I've PM'd fljab on FTE to see if he wants to come over here and look at those.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary, at one time on another forum, there was a thread titled something like: "Free, to a good home".
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
What if this was called something like "Marketplace"?  Or "Swap Meet"? And the description explained that it could be for sale, giveaway, trade, or whatever. That way we could have one folder where we could do everything?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
That would work just fine!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Which "that" do you prefer?

Reply | Threaded
|

fljab
In reply to this post by CountryBumkin
To Countrybumkin;  Where in Central Florida?

I can't use these tires or wheels as I have F150s (5 lug pattern) and on my 4x4, actually reducing tire size from a 33 to 31.  Have you had these on the local craigslist under "free" and/or "auto parts"?  Those wheels do have value so you should be able to get a few bucks out of them.  

Why not post them for $100 bucks for the set and see what happens?  Tell them about the age of the tires, or otherwise either have them removed or puncture the sidewalls in an obvious place and way so they cannot be used again and post.
Jim
Mims, FL

'81 F100 2wd 300 Srod "Festus"
'85 F150 Supercab 4x4 351 C6 "big Whitey"
'85 F150 4x4 300 NP435 parts truck
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I had actually thought about going with bigger tires as a way to change my gearing. With the 3.55's I'm always looking for another gear when I get to 4th. And the only time I use 1st is when pulling a trailer. But, I'm probably better off using the ZF5 I already have.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary, what is the fun in simply changing tires when you can better spend your spare time swapping out transmissions?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Spare time????  

The get-together cum full-fledged show is sucking up a lot of resources. I've posted about it in 14 different forums, and I have gotten several questions/comments from them.  Plus there's the planning, speaking of which I still don't have the show classes/categories nailed down and need help on that.

Then, someone was silly enough to start a new forum just before said show, and figuring out how to make it work is sucking up even more. There's a bloke in England that is helping by sending really good information on how he's done it - but I have to sit down and read/re-read his stuff to make heads or tails of it. But, it is helping as I now know how to do some things that were frustrating me.

Then, my friends are suggesting good additions to the documentation on the web site, like the new TSB's, 3G conversion, and EGR info. And it seems that having the documentation readily available to the forum can be very beneficial and, therefore, help get the forum off the ground.

But, the use of the term "spare time" is somewhat debatable. Doing any of the above isn't necessary. So, I guess I have lots of spare time.  

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Nature abhors a vacuum!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm hearing a large sucking sound!  I'm now in the shop trying to clean it, but am getting pleasantly distracted by the conversations here.  

Maybe we should do the smoke test to find the vacuum leak?

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
I'll bring the Swisher Sweets!
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
I personally like the "Free to a good home" approach because it's softer and more people-oriented than something coming out of an engineer's mind.

~~

CB - I kept a Dana 60 rear axle for more than 10 years trying to give it away before I took it to the junkyard; it felt WONDERFUL hearing that thud as it hit the pile. Point being, don't collect too much stuff, it builds up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ken Blythen
This post was updated on .
Aarrrrgh! Not a 3.73 full-float? I'd have snaffled it up super-quick (& paid!) when we come over next year...... Never mind, can't win 'em all
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, I couldn't believe it when I read that.  A D60?

Anyway, Ken, I don't want to wish my life away, but I can't wait to meet you next year!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Ken Blythen
This post was updated on .
Thanks Gary, really looking forward to it!

We've got a busy time ahead. Between now & then, our daughter & son are both getting married - November & January respectively ( ); work this summer is going to be very busy; & we may need to make a house/property change, or prepare for it anyway.

So we'll be like kids out of school when we do get away!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow!  You ARE going to be busy.  You'll be ready to relax when you get here.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by Ken Blythen
Ken!!!! :)

The one I finally threw away was 4.11 but it had 2" drum brakes, not the 3" variant these trucks came with - which means that axle was out of a van or some such, nobody knows what happened to the original one that came with that truck.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ken Blythen
No problem, thanks Chris!