Frame dimensions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Frame dimensions

Mikski8604
Hello everyone, I’m glad there are more fans of these old trucks than I thought! I have an 86 xlt reg cab longbed that was a straight 6 2wd.  
The frame was bad so I am currently working on putting the 86 body on an 04 4wd frame. I don’t have my old frame so I was wondering where I could get frame dimensions that would show height and distance between the mounts? If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it, thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Frame dimensions

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome!  

Gary recently fielded a question about this for Cory's frame, but I do remember that when Ray was building his flatbed he laid out all the rear of the frame in CAD.

Pretty sure that information (or a Dropbox link) is back on FTE.

Let me see where that thread is..
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I think this is it:. http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Help-On-Rear-Frame-Dimensions-tp17025p68258.html

The dimensions of the Bronco frame featured in that thread are obviously the same as a truck from the cab mounts forward
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Mikski8604
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

I'd sure like to see how the Bullnose body goes on the '04 frame, so I hope you'll start a thread in the main section to document that project.

And, where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd add you if we had a city or zip.

As for the frame dimensions, see if the ones here don't answer your questions: Documentation/Literature/1985 Literature/Body Builder's Book.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
There is a guy on the Flareside FB page that put a Bullnose body on a 4x4 Super Duty frame...but I'm not sure what year it was. I'll see if I can find him and direct him over here. I have no idea how he mounted the body, but the truck looks pretty good as it sits.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Mikski8604
Thanks for the quick response. I’ll see if I can figure out what I need from the drawing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Mikski8604
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thank you! I’ll do my best to document the project, when I get rolling I forget to take pictures and make notes lol.
I’m in Middletown NY
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Mikski8604
Middletown's not far.
I used to have a girlfriend from Wallkill and we would go out to the SuperSod farm to launch rockets.
That was 20 years ago.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Middletown's not far.
I used to have a girlfriend from Wallkill and we would go out to the SuperSod farm to launch rockets.
That was 20 years ago.
Jim, did sparks fly?
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In the back seat of her dad's Rambler, they sure did!  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Mikski8604
Yeah I’m about 10 minutes from there
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Walkill or the sod farm?
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Mikski8604
The sod farms in pine island, New Hampton and Chester
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Ah, Pine Island, that's it.

The peat is SO deep there a rocket coming in ballistic is likely to *literally bury itself six feet under!

The onion field on the hill could be a problematic lz if the wind was blowing that direction.
That farmer was never too happy about us flying there.
 Jim,