classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fine tuning of my 1986 Bronco

ReneH
Hi together,

as waiting for the spare parts for my front breaks and wheel bearings, I have figured out some fine tunings I can work at.

1. Door hinges
I have tried to adjust my doors, cause after changing the seals this summer, they won't fit anymore. The passenger side fits good now. But I have problems with the driver's side. I don't get the door closer to the chassis on the side of the bolt. I can't move the bolt closer to the cabin...

2. Behavior after cold-start
I have had sometimes problems when I've started the car and let it idle only a short time, then set a gear. When pushing the gas pedal the engine stalls or the rpm was going very low. I thought it is maybe a problem with the TPS or the idle rpm setting.
But as it seems it was neither of them.
When I push the pedal, after starting the engine with gear in parking, the rpm raises and falls back (as to expect...) to idle rpm.
Without pushing the pedal, the idle rpm starts around 600. After round about a minute it raises to about 800. When pushing the pedal, the rpm falls directly back to 800...and there is no stalling when setting the gearbox to drive or reverse...a bit curious, but it seems a mechanical problem. My suspect is the throttle body again. In detail the springs on it.

My TPS value is with engine running, 0.99V. As far as I know, a good value.
René's Profile

Bronco 1986 Ford Bronco XLT 302/347 stroker with 351W EEC-IV and 351W factory cam C6 gearbox. Jeep 1986 Jeep CJ7 256 I6 with T5 gearbox. Buggy 1972 HAZ Buggy 122 Ford Cologne V6
Baron 1994 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 183 V6 4-speed automatic