Finally brought the bullnose home

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Finally brought the bullnose home

Jochen1964
I have replaced the bulbs and taken out the blue filters ... Much better now. Thanks to all who contributed

Am 21.04.2018 um 08:21 schrieb Gsmblue [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]>:

Huge congrats on your truck!!!

The dye in the needle paint absorbs one color of light and emits another color. This is the principle of fluorescence.

So if they used a different material in the f600 gauges they may need a different wavelength of light to activate it.

Incidentally, our eyes are more sensitive to blue light than green light or red light, so bright blue light hurts out night vision... always best to keep the instrument lights as dim as you reasonably can so you can see better out side.

Sorry if this reads badly, I am kinda tired!
1985 F150 XL Explorer 5.0 EFI 4AOD 4x4 standard cab.
Daily Driver. I call her Eunice.
To do:  Rear fuel tank pump, replace door hinges, Front and rear windows need replacing, blue top steering box, front dampers, Interior panels to be painted, new carpet, seats to be recovered, some exterior paint work

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351 C6 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project page for details.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Finally-brought-the-bullnose-home-tp9865p10173.html
To unsubscribe from Finally brought the bullnose home, click here.
NAML
Mein Laster: 1986 Ford F150 XL, 4WD, sgl cab, short bed, 302 EFI
Meine Katze: KTM 890 SMT
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Glad it is better and, hopefully, you can now see the gauges.

I now have the LED's and new paint from HiPo and hope to do the test soon.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mp470
In reply to this post by Jochen1964
What a beauty, doesn't look like a spec of rust on it.
1985 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0 EFI, RWD, 8.8 Axle