Fender Score

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fender Score

Powerman5K

I found 2 different fenders from 2 different sellers this weekend for my truck. $40 each. 0 rust. Super pumped for them. Now for some questions.

Will my F100 Custom badges fit in the existing F150 holes or will I need to drill new holes?

These things are notorious for rusting. I'm thinking of coating the back with under liner spray. Do you think that would help prevent this? Anyone ever try this?

Lastly, my old fenders have rust in the usual areas. See below:
Do you think they would sell? One is definitely worse than the other. How much do you think they would be worth?
1980 F100 Custom. Inline 6. Power steering. 3 on the Column.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Fender Score

FuzzFace2
Well my fenders came off my Ranger F100 parts truck and I was able to put on Custom F100 badges.
I am thinking the holes will be the same.

You could pry yours and the others off and see.
Also that molding on the white fender how is it held on and dont hurt it as I am sure you can sell it.
There may be holes in the fender for that molding.

As for selling could try for $40 OBO
Thing is are you willing to ship and if so that may be more than what they are worth.
Could play it forward and give them away local pick up only and show the pictures.

As for stopping the rust look at the new fenders and you will see there is no easy way to spray under coat in there and I would not use that on my fenders.
Look at Eastwood site for internal frame coating. It comes with a straw and a end that sprays 360*
Use that on each fender in that areas and it will coat it to keep it from rusting.
Eastwood also has other rust fighters do a search for "rust".
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
The holes are not the same. I put 1980 Ranger F350 emblems on 1986 fenders and had to re-drill almost every hole for the emblems. I believe the original holes in the 86 fenders are hidden, but there may be one or two that need to be filled if it bugs you.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
im pretty sure that the molding on the white fender is an adhesive tape design. try using nylon cord to "saw" through the tape then you should be able to strip off the remainder much easier
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
mat in tn wrote
im pretty sure that the molding on the white fender is an adhesive tape design. try using nylon cord to "saw" through the tape then you should be able to strip off the remainder much easier
I have successfully used dental floss...
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
wear gloves either way but especially with dental floss