Fasteners: Where To Put The Pages?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fasteners: Where To Put The Pages?

Danny G
Disco lists the Ford PN and GM PN with their sku as well. It is at the bottom of the description of the part in the pictures I put up.

Clips and Fasteners, Jeffs Bronco Graveyard and the other group I listed out of Florida have all been sources for my truck thus far.

WAYYYY cheaper than LMC... man did I get screwed (no pun intended) by LMC.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've found parts at Clips & Fasteners in the past, as well as at Auveco.  But for the last few fasteners I've not been able to find them anywhere.

So if y'all find sources for specific fasteners that I've not found, please let me know.  (I know I said that if you find sources please let me know, but I meant for specific fasteners.  )
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dawn! Marblehead! VoilĂ !

I think I've "twigged", in the British parlance, on where to put the fastener info.

Basically what I've been doing is building parallel entries. For instance, go look at the page at Documentation/Interior/Door Panel Part #'s, and then look at Documentation/Fasteners & Illustrations/Interior Trim Panels - Regular Cab.

Both of them have the illustration shown below, although the Fastener one has hyperlinks and the Interior one doesn't. Obviously that does NOT make ANY sense.

So why not do away with the "Illustrations" part of the Fasteners & Illustrations section and just have all of the illustrations in their appropriate section? The hyperlinks will still go to the page with the info on it for that item. For instance, on the one below you can see the link I've added on the left center for the Boot (Door Handle Inside). That takes you to the page where that part number is shown - although the part itself isn't shown. Ditto the 23942 link, which is the door panels. And the fastener links will work as well. (I don't know that the links will work from this page, but we'll see as soon as I post this.) Yippee, it works!!

I think this is a major shift in thinking, if not organization of the website. So before I start down this path I need all y'alls' input. PLEASE!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Might not be the best thread for this but as I probably mentioned before, I am very happy with the Disco fasteners.

For the trim screws, the 8112 trim screw kit is a great starting point.
I've had to order another bag of the 5791 ($5/100) from O'Reillys as the dash/cowl/hood seal used more than the kit came with.

I also had to order 10725 as these don't come in the kit (or any kit). O'Reillys could special order a bag in for $19 ($5 bag and $14 shipping)and I prefer to buy through them but I went with 3 bags for $20 shipped on Zoro. These are used in the dash a lot (although nowhere near 300). The factory ones have kind of a green sheen to them but I like the black finish look better personally.

Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good to know, Scott.