Open this post in threaded view
|

Fabricated Polyurethane 4.9L Engine Mounts $160/pr

Steve83
Banned User

Click the pic to supersize

Fabricated Polyurethane 4.9L (300cid) Engine Mounts (pair L&R) by Yield™ Design
Designed & built in Tennessee.

These are plasma-cut from 3/16" steel, sandblasted, painted DupliColor New Ford Gray (DE1611), and assembled with greased Energy black polyurethane bushings (2.2111G) and 9/16" nylocked cross-bolts, so they're ready to bolt-in using your original hardware. The hardened M12x1.75 stud fits the original '85-96 frame nut.  For pre-'85 trucks, remind me to include the necessary frame nuts.

Compare to original-style mounts (like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B4L5ZWB) which are known to break frequently.  These fabricated mounts are much stronger, and use a replaceable bushing set commonly available for ~$25.  But polyurethane doesn't age nearly as fast as original-style vulcanized rubber.

If your truck rides rough for no apparent reason, check the engine mounts.  Both of mine (stickshifts) became noticeably smoother, especially during shifting & clutching; but also during cruise on normal flat paved roads.  And their mounts weren't as bad as these:

E-mail me through my profile here for quickest response, by clicking my username above my avatar.