classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FORDification Show

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Had intended to post a bunch of pics, but couldn’t resist this one to start. A guy came in with his really nice Dent on a trailer, pulled by a 2wd Toyota Tundra. 😳

So Big Blue was pressed into service - and didn’t spin a tire. 😎

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: FORDification Show

grumpin
Good job!

Looks like a nice day for a fun event!

I used that website when I was searching for a truck. There was a 71 I was wanting. And found it had some mixed in body parts. Wish I had that truck though.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
That's a 67-72 Bumpside Gary.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dane - It was a beautiful day.  

Shaun - You are right, and I'm wrong.  

The young man that owns that truck, Mario, hopes to have it on the road by Sept and drive it to our show.  They worked 'til 4:00 this morning just to get it where they could bring it today, but think they'll be driving it soon.

And, Big Blue won the Best 4x4 award again!  Don't have the trophy yet, but I'll post a pic when I get it.

As for the pics I promised, they will have to wait for tomorrow.  Janey has an apple pie and ice cream with which to celebrate my birthday.  And, I got to open my present - an Innovate wide-band AFR meter and serial cable.  So I'm ready to start the Big Blue re-do!  But, we are going to watch a movie now, so I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Whisler
Happy Birthday Gary! Mine is tomorrow. But I think I beat you by about 5 years.
God Bless
Whisler

Frankenstein: 1989 F250 4X4, C-6, Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter, carbed '84 351W, Edelbrock manifold, Edlbrock AVS, DS2 ignition, 3G alternator, JBA shorty headers, no cats, dual exhaust with H pipe.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Happy birthday in advance then!  But, are you saying you'll be 77 tomorrow?

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
 Janey has an apple pie and ice cream with which to celebrate my birthday.  And, I got to open my present - an Innovate wide-band AFR meter and serial cable.  So I'm ready to start the Big Blue re-do!
I don't know if she is the most thoughtful and considerate spouse on the planet, or if she is just contributing to your addiction.      
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Both.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Janey is an enabler...hahaha. she is a great lady Gary! Other than a good taste in trucks, you and I share good taste in women! I got me a good one too! She is an enabler as well. Weve been married 10 years on wednesday, and I am stuck in OK away from her taking care of business.

Oh well...she'll get over it....hahahaha
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That she is, Ray, that she is!

Ten years.  Man, that was a lifetime ago.  Our 50th is on August 1st, and it has gone by way too quickly.  What a wonderful time.  

Anyway, I promised some pics.  Here's Mario's Bump.  This is the truck that was on the trailer that Big Blue extracted.  Mario has done some amazing work on it and hopes to have it done, or at least done enough, to bring to our show in September.

This is the rear suspension.  The front has equally beautiful work.

This shows what I told Mario is an error - he covered up the beautiful work on the front suspension.  So he's considering inserting a piece of plexi in the fender liner.