classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

F-Series Solo Towing Co.

Vic Roma
Saw this on Facebook.

1984 Bronco 351 Holley Sniper EFI, 3 Speed Ford Auto.
1986 Bronco 302 EFI, AOD, Eddie Bauer, with 3G alternator.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: F-Series Solo Towing Co.

86 1/2 Brutus
I cant say that i've never overloaded Brutus, but---- what is that?
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Vic Roma
Lakeland..... It's got to be Florida man in his natural environment!

The guy definitely had power steering on that trip.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
In reply to this post by 86 1/2 Brutus
A bullnose carrying a 4 door sedan.
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
thats a car?
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
we needed some floor underlayment and i called home depot to get a price, they told me  they had 1 inch tongue n groove osb underlayment for 9.99 each.  I asked if he is sure, he said yes.  needless to say, we couldnt get there fast enough.  Sure enough, when we went in home depot, there was the sign 9.99 each.  I  found somebody and ask if this is correct and they said yes, how many do you need, my reply, " all of them"  when we were loading them on the cart's the manager came up and said the price was incorrect and they are 35.99 each.  as he was telling me this, he quickly snatched the sign down.  I told him there's no need to snatch the sign down, i already saw it.  He said what sign, there is no sign.  I pull out my phone and i ask him, are you sure about that?  He started stumbling allover himself and i told him i called, they told me it was 9.99 and it clearly said on the sign which i have a date stamped pic of that has the description of this exact floor underlayment and has 9.99 on it.   then he tried to tell me it was a mistake, and i told him, of course it is, but i'm here, there is a sign that gives the exact description and price of this wood and i'm very sorry but you hve to sell it to me at that price.  Anyway to make a long story short, they had to do it.  we loaded all of it into Brutus, it was stacked up to the middle of the window and the headlights were pointing almost to the sky.  We started off down the highway and the front wheels were barely touching the ground and had very little steering with me in the passenger seat saying a rosary.  The only thing i can say about that trip is that besides the steering not being able to steer, boy Brutus had some ride, it rode smoother then my town car.

I know we exceeded the payload, that was obvious, but this guy, how is he steering this thing?  
we've been noted to do some crazy stuff, but wow
Nick and George
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
Impressive, but it seems Ford engineered these trucks to carry other trucks.

See timestamp 3:25, and especially 7:00 onwards:

Ford Pick Up Truck Commercials from the 1980s